WTB: Rear MSP bumper lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazdaspeed777

Contributor
:
03' Mazda Protege 5
Like the title says. Would like to buy the rear bumper lip from the mazdaspeed protege to go with my front mazdaspeed lip I just picked up. Thanks for your help. Dan

I'm guessing the length isn't right (front to back). The axelback exhaust doesn't work due to length (without modification), and I'm guessing the wheelbase IS the same... so I'm thinking the length from the wheelwell to the end of the bumper must be different..

Getting beyond that, as changing the length wouldn't be all that hard, I'd guess the bumper is just a completely different mold due to the fact that they in fact aren't the same length... and the different body lines you're going for in the P5 vs a sedan...

ITs totally different.
The Lip on the MSP is Basically an Add on for the regular sedan bumper..If you remove the lip from the MSP's rear..you have a regular Protege's bumper underneath.

The P5 Has a bumper that is molded almost into the shape of the MSP's with the lip..but the lower section does not remove.

If you are not a good fabricatorbody man and painter..this would be a very involved project to make work and look right.

It could be done...but would require quite a bit.

ITs totally different.
The Lip on the MSP is Basically an Add on for the regular sedan bumper..If you remove the lip from the MSP's rear..you have a regular Protege's bumper underneath.

The P5 Has a bumper that is molded almost into the shape of the MSP's with the lip..but the lower section does not remove.

If you are not a good fabricatorbody man and painter..this would be a very involved project to make work and look right.

It could be done...but would require quite a bit.

So the whole MSP rear bumper is one solid piece including the lip?

So the whole MSP rear bumper is one solid piece including the lip?
No...Its two pieces..
The P5 Bumper is one piece.

The MSP doesnt have a different rear bumper than any other normal Sedan..It merely has an added lip..thats all.

No...Its two pieces..
The P5 Bumper is one piece.

The MSP doesnt have a different rear bumper than any other normal Sedan..It merely has an added lip..thats all.

Hmmm... so you would have to get a sedan rear bumper to get it to fit. So would a sedan rear bumper fit on a P5 then? Probably not if the lip would not fit on a P5 bumper. Isn't there someone that sells a rear lip that fits onto the P5 bumper? WingsWest I think?

WW does not sell a Rear P5 lip...No one really does....Not like your looking for.
And no..the sedan bumper won't fit the P5 either.

Just look around..there are some rear bumper options, which will likely be your best bet...but the lips for the P5 rear are highly limited.

Well I am a pretty good fabricator so if I can still get the lip for a good price I will try it. So if any of you have a rear MSP lip you want to get rid of let me know. Thanks, Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back