WTB: MSP MazdaSpeed Protege Engine

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hello!

I am pretty new to this...I just purchased a 2003.5 MSP (grey) with a blown block. I need to get it running! What are my options? I want to buy a complete MazdaSpeed Protege engine so that I am not doing extra work (swapping out a block). Are complete engines hard to come by? I am NOT racing the car, so it is true I can put an FS-DE 2.0 L engine in my MSP? What additional parts would I need to buy to make this work?

Any help is appreciated. Send me info on what you have, if you have it!

Thanks,
Brittany

Brittany,

you can just buy a 2.0 L motor and you should be good. from any 00-03 protege that's 2.0 obviously. you will need to swap the windage tray(this is in the middle of the oil pan, and the block). it's quite easy though.

try car-part.com for engines, and scour the FS threads for a motor! good luck!

All 3rd gen 2.0 L proteges use the same FS-DE engine (MSPs included).

Closest ones are in CO about 350 miles away from you. Going rate for a tested engine is $850ish. Installation cost would probably be around $500-800sih. At that distance and price, if you can not find a good used one locally, you might be better off either finding a cheap 2.0L sedan or P5 and swapping the engine. Or, depending on how your block is blown, just replace the block and pistons. I have both available for shipping.

Last edited:
Back