Winter Tires question CX-9

You would be absolutely fine running a 255/60/18 winter tire but you would need a different set of wheels, as the 18” tire would of course not fit on a 20” wheel.
Thank you for your responses. Turns out the 255/60R18 set is difficult to find but the 245/70R17 on 17in wheels is much easier to get. Would those also be ok for the CX-9?

Thank you for your responses. Turns out the 255/60R18 set is difficult to find but the 245/70R17 on 17in wheels is much easier to get. Would those also be ok for the CX-9?
Never mind, I just saw Touri’s reply, I guess the answer to my question is yes!
Thanks everyone for your help.

Never mind, I just saw Touri’s reply, I guess the answer to my question is yes!
Thanks everyone for your help.

Just ensure that you aren't breaking any clauses in your lease agreement by going with a different wheel setup. You're perfectly safe going with the previously mentioned sizes, but you never know what's in the fine print of the contract.

Hi all, just wonder if 255/70/R18 winter tires will fit a 2021 CX 9 Signature trim? The factory tires are 255/50/R20. Right now all 255/65/R18 and 255/60/R18 are hard to source. Thx in advance!!!

Hi @DavidYen, 255/70/18 should fit just fine. Assuming that wheel width and offset are the same as the OEM wheels, the only difference would be the overall wheel diameter.

Capture.JPG

The last four stats detailed are what you need to be aware of. The arch gap loss means that the tire will be 25.6mm closer to the fender liners than the OEM setup, but again, as long as the rim's width and offset are the same as the OEM wheel, there is plenty of space to work with.

One other consideration might be a slight loss in acceleration. I've never moved to larger overall wheels so I'm not sure how noticeable the difference may be, but maybe others can chime in.

Hi @DavidYen, 255/70/18 should fit just fine. Assuming that wheel width and offset are the same as the OEM wheels, the only difference would be the overall wheel diameter.

View attachment 304705

The last four stats detailed are what you need to be aware of. The arch gap loss means that the tire will be 25.6mm closer to the fender liners than the OEM setup, but again, as long as the rim's width and offset are the same as the OEM wheel, there is plenty of space to work with.

Thx sm1ke for prompt response. I have gotten an used set of wheel from a CX 9 for winiter tires and the dimension is 18x7.5.
Thx sm1ke for prompt response. I have gotten an used set of wheel from a CX 9 for winiter tires and the dimension is 18x7.5.

Ok, those wheels have an offset of 45, which is the same as the OEM wheels from your 2021. If you test-fit the wheel, make sure the spokes clear the brake calipers, but I think you should be okay.

Here is a comparison between your existing set and the new set:

Capture.JPG

Back