win2k computer help!

Hey everyone,
I tried the simple task of moving my PC from one room to another today, and when I booted up win2k it started acting funny. None of my programs would load, and eventually it would just start crashing, giving me error's and such. Now when I try to boot, I get the BSOD and the following message:

Stop: c000026c (Unable to load device driver)

//systemroot32/drivers/lkbdflt32.sys

0xc000102

What the @#%???? I can't even find out what the lkbdflt32.sys driver is for. I didn't uninstall or add anything, just moved the damn thing! Anyone???

format - reinstall. If you haven't done so already, create a small system partition, and a larger partition for stuff you want to hold on to.

I did look up the file on google, nothing found. You could try booting up in safemode, and then search the registry for any keys that reference the file. I'm a network admin for a living, I spend over 70 hours a week troubleshooting - when I'm at home, the last thing I want to do is work on my own machine. I don't do troubleshooting, - I just format and reinstall.

But when you have 1.3TB of storage, it's not so hard to do.

Micah said:
format - reinstall. If you haven't done so already, create a small system partition, and a larger partition for stuff you want to hold on to.

I did look up the file on google, nothing found. You could try booting up in safemode, and then search the registry for any keys that reference the file. I'm a network admin for a living, I spend over 70 hours a week troubleshooting - when I'm at home, the last thing I want to do is work on my own machine. I don't do troubleshooting, - I just format and reinstall.

But when you have 1.3TB of storage, it's not so hard to do.
Yeah I know, trying to avoid the reformat/reinstall but that's a last option.

I did figure out that I wrote down the wrong file. This is the full correct error:

STOP: c000026c {Unable to load device driver}
//systemroot/system32/DRIVERS/lkbdflt2.sys Device Driver could not be loaded

Error status was 0xC0000102

I wrote lkbdflt32 but really it was lkbdflt2.sys....if you have time see if you can find anything about this file...

Logitech Keyboard Filter Driver.

http://www.dynamiclink.nl/frames/sysindex.htm

Found it there. I would recommend booting up in safemode and removing it from the registry. If you aren't familiar with the registry, be careful.

You can also run "msconfig" by hitting start, run, and typing it in. That will let you see some of the stuff that is starting up with your machine. Might be able to pick it out in there. Look for logitech stuff.

Micah said:
Logitech Keyboard Filter Driver.

http://www.dynamiclink.nl/frames/sysindex.htm

Found it there. I would recommend booting up in safemode and removing it from the registry. If you aren't familiar with the registry, be careful.

You can also run "msconfig" by hitting start, run, and typing it in. That will let you see some of the stuff that is starting up with your machine. Might be able to pick it out in there. Look for logitech stuff.
Well I can't even get into Win2k, even in safe mode. I have a dual boot and I'm currently running win98 to try and figure this out. I downloaded that file from the website you listed, would replacing my file with the downloaded file do any good?

Back