Will the 2015 Mazdaspeed 3 be available with auto transmission?

:
San Diego, CA
:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
While I like manually shifting, I already have an MX5, so please, Mazda, offer an auto tranny in your next Madzspeed 3!

There will be no 2015 Mazdaspeed 3, where is all this speculation coming from?

Okay, the 2016 Mazdaspeed 3. There has to be at least one Mazdaspeed in the planning stages, I would think. I saw a Mazda representative say that Mazda looks at every model as a possible Mazdaspeed candidate. The 3 is the most likely one to get pumped up, don't you think? I sure hope so.

I dunno about you guys, but I heard the AWD from the MS6 was getting scaled down for it too.

Okay, the 2016 Mazdaspeed 3. There has to be at least one Mazdaspeed in the planning stages, I would think. I saw a Mazda representative say that Mazda looks at every model as a possible Mazdaspeed candidate. The 3 is the most likely one to get pumped up, don't you think? I sure hope so.

From what I heard at last years autoshow in chicago, Mazda has dropped the mazdaspeed name according to the mazda people.

I get my informaiton from the someone who is tied to the performance division from Mazda Motorsports, not some dealer or salesperson. He is far better source and is "IN THE KNOW', as he is the one that is taking the lead in this project. Logic should dictate to you that after a 6 year run with a Speed 3, (normal Speed runs wer two years, that it is time for a change. Event the 3rd Gen IMHO is palyed out......makes more sense for a SkyActiv-D w/ dual stage turbo in a Coupe!

Alright, let's get a WRX - fighter SEDAN. I'll take one in blue, thank you. Hopefully, it won't average 22 mpg as the WRX will.

An auto transmission REALLY is better in slow-moving or standing still traffic. Of course, if I were to have to choose one over the other, I'd prefer the manual transmission. As it is, I use the right tool for the job.

The automatics also yield better gas mileage than it's manual counter part.

Is it Porsche or Ferrari that now offers some models with only a "slush box"?

I believe it's a DCT in those, not a regular automatic. Though I've read that the new C7 Z06 is going to have an automatic option, and a removable roof. Both of which make it not a Z06 to me.

I believe it's a DCT in those, not a regular automatic. Though I've read that the new C7 Z06 is going to have an automatic option, and a removable roof. Both of which make it not a Z06 to me.
I believe the auto in the Mazda is a lockup unit that acts like a combination (or is a combination) of clutch and torque converter. That is one reason the gas mileage is good - less slippage as lockup occurs very quickly, something like 1,000 rpm. And the Z07 is using a conventional torque converter but claims to shift faster than the Porsche PDK.

With at least 625 HP. it'll be a Z06, all right. However, I'm not sure GM can make a reliable vehicle that is that complicated (both electronically and mechanically).

Back