Will an NB miata wheel fit on the protege?

terrytek247

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
will a steering wheel from an NB miata be able to fit on a 2001-2003 protege? i've been thinking about replacing the stock steering wheel in the protege (which is still nice, so i might still keep it) with the miata special edition steering wheel, which has some nice brown leather on it as well as a nice little nardi logo on the bottom of the wheel, like all other nb miata wheels. plus i might be able to get my hands on said wheel. is it possible to put a miata se wheel from a 2000-2003 miata onto the protege? i would assume so, because the nb miata and the protege do share many parts, including the radio, the ac controls, hell, even the gauges look the same. and if i can put a miata wheel on a protege, is it as easy as taking the stock horn and the cruise control buttons and wires from the protege wheel and adapt it to the miata wheel in the stock positions? or will they not work?

Nb Miata wheel is a direct fit, horn, airbag and all.

sweet. looks like i'm gonna go find a special edition nb miata wheel with the brown leather to fit on the protege. though i'm still gonna use the stock protege horn/airbag, unless the special edition miata has a different color horn cover than the black i have on the protege.

Miata wheel will fit '02 Protg, but I think you might have to find a Miata wheel with cruise.

Miata wheel will fit '02 Protg, but I think you might have to find a Miata wheel with cruise.

ok, but i can always run the car without cruise control anyway if i can't find a wheel with cruise control. but it shouldn't be that hard to carry over the buttons from my protege wheel to the miata wheel, since its separate from the wheel ( i believe) and it should be a direct bolt on.

Back