Wife sent me this picture of the CX-5 today. Oh boy.....this after less than 1 month

Don't know about weekends but a phone call to them should answer that question. Was your wife driving when the crack first appeared? Does she remember hearing anything that might have hit the windshield?

Here I am! The manual is in italian, but pictures are... international!

View attachment 201653
SCBS sensor position

View attachment 201654
In the grill there are also two frontal parking sensors, frontal lateral ones are in the bumper.
I'm sorry if I'm a little bit OT.

You're right, sorry my bad.

I looked it up too
section 4-110.

I thought it was strange that they only had 2 parking sensors on the front bumper. I've never seen sensors in the grill before on other cars.

I'll be taking my glasses off when I clean the windscreen now, I don't want to be zapped in the eyes due to magnification effect of glasses.(detect)

Don't know about weekends but a phone call to them should answer that question. Was your wife driving when the crack first appeared? Does she remember hearing anything that might have hit the windshield?

She didn't recall any hits on the windshield, then again I don't exactly know how much she pays attention while driving. LOL. Made appt to bring it to the Mazda dealer. I told them I don't really see any chips on the windshield. They said bring it in and see if it's a "stress crack".

Stopped by dealer today. The tech took pics and will send it to Mazda for approval. Tech said he didn't see any hit on the windshield so should be a stress crack. But he said he needs Mazda approval first before they can fix it.

I guess Florida is not the majority then. Here in FL we get windshields repaired or replaced for free under any insurance policy. Is this not available where you are? Can you add glass coverage to the policy for the future?

I know that many of my MINI friends go through a windshield every year or two depending on their location because the window is so up and down and low to the ground we catch tons of road debris.

Back