Why all the Miata hate?

Darin said:
Read the link I posted a couple replies above. ;)

[edit] I see you've managed to beat that 160? whp dyno your car first made? nice.

Ya, I saw that miata. Crazy as hell! You see Ric's racingmazda miata? 400hp on stock internals :eek: However no clue how long that'll hold. The FE3's rods handle up to 500-550hp proven! crazy!

Yup. :) Here is the VERY first dyno on a stock slipping clutch running a bit lean. Since then I added ~70hp then blew the motor :cool: Round 2 will be sooo better

dynosmall.jpg

NoahFex said:
Ya, I saw that miata. Crazy as hell! You see Ric's racingmazda miata? 400hp on stock internals :eek: However no clue how long that'll hold. The FE3's rods handle up to 500-550hp proven! crazy!

Yup. :) Here is the VERY first dyno on a stock slipping clutch running a bit lean. Since then I added ~70hp then blew the motor :cool: Round 2 will be sooo better

dynosmall.jpg

I was 'just' reading where you first posted that on PT and thought everyone was 'hatin' :D That wasn't the first - the first was like 170, then you went back to have them 'tune' it, right?

NoahFex said:
Well, I took my car back to the dyno today and they finally tuned it correctly...unfortionately, that caused the HP to drop off, since my 170hp/185tq run...

hehe..

I know very well of Ric's achievements w/ a Miata.

:)

My wife is never really into cars.
She didn't even have any idea what our Protege5 is all about when we first bought it.
But then because I love cars, so she started paying more attention to them too.
And guess what, the first 2 cars that she ever told me that she really likes are 1) S-2000 and 2) MX-5.

So dont't worry, chicks dig Miata.

Miatas are freaking fast for what they got stock. I used to work for valet parking and I parked one miata one time. s*** I ripped it through the back parking lot where there were no windows in the building, I was amazed. Um yea definetly will own a miata someday.
By the way, my mom LOVES miatas (flash)

damn straight miatas kick your ass ! hahaha...one day, my miata will own all cars on the road ! someday...

We beat a few riced out civics in my brother's 1999 10ae. Funny stuff when two guys in a miata are talking s*** to you at the next light.

I had a '99 for a brief period, and I got so much s*** for it. The only thing I didn't like was not having cruise control (never added it as I didn't have it long enough) - the way my leg and ankle bent (and I'm only about 5'10) was consistently uncomfortable on long/highway drives. But around town it was a blast, and usually after someone rode in it did they realize the potential...oh well, at least I can say been there....

Latest posts

Back