Who's installed CS racepipe with stock exhaust?

Domino81

:meh:
:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
I believe I have version 1 with the 80mm opening. Any issues with the fitment at top or bottom? Do I need a smaller donut?

I can't say just the test pipe for myself, I have a full CS downpipe. Mated up to the stock cat-back perfect. Many people have done just the test pipe, you should be good to install. Quick and easy.

Yeah the hardest part is just getting the old one off. Once thats out it's a peice of cake. Make sure you have plenty of PB Blaster and let that stuff soak on those bolts. Also make sure you take your time aligning it on the hangers. I didn't and got lots of noise/vibes caused by part of the metal hanger rubbing on the frame.

If you have an early version 80mm pipe (both ends) you may have issues, not positive on that though. Wait for someone to chime in or check with the manufacturer.

not sure what version i have but Ive had it for the past 2 and a half yrs. fitment was dead on and had no problems with leaks.

Rock on. I'll try and do this tomorrow morning... if it's not too cold... or snowing... or if I can't get out of bed because of cold weather joint pain... or am sidetracked by boobs or fall down and hurt myself because of morning wood. You'd be surprised how often these things happen.

Rock on. I'll try and do this tomorrow morning... if it's not too cold... or snowing... or if I can't get out of bed because of cold weather joint pain... or am sidetracked by boobs or fall down and hurt myself because of morning wood. You'd be surprised how often these things happen.

Wow you live a dangerous life!

I'm planning on getting the CS Test Pipe with stock exhaust. They have a stock version that mates perfectly with the stock exhaust. It's 65mm iirc

For the record - I installed it... only issue I had, other than wicked springs bolts not giving up, the donut is very, very large. Almost doesn't fit. But so far I don't notice any smells. No leaks. Everything seems to be good.

Back