Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Yes, more than one actually...

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No but I'm in the market for one...

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • No

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters
With the pic you have as your avatar I thought for sure that you had an ND.

I wish I had one lol. Just not in my immediate financial best interest to buy a car now, and I don't have garage space for 2, and am not keen to street park my CX-5. As such, a few things likely need to change, including where I live before I consider it.

I have a 2008 MX5 and a 2014 3. Driving to work, to the gym, and back to home is never boring, as I alternate cars as often as possible. Exceptions are on rainy days - the MX5 has a Cold Air Intake that is positioned behind the front grill.

I currently have a 19 Miata Club and a 19 CX5 Signature. I wish the whites matched. All of my vehicles are white and the two Mazda's are different enough to be annoying.

My 19 Suburban and 19 Trailboss are both Summit White and are a perfect match, the Miata white is almost a match for the two Chevy's.

IMG_1740.JPG
IMG_1739.JPG

Nice to see such Miata love here...According to the poll results so far, roughly half of you have one! (y)

Anyone have suggestions on how we can get more activity in our Miata Forum here..?
It doesn't count but I'm currently renting a ND Miata RF auto.

How do you like it..? Is the auto fun to drive as well?

Nice to see such Miata love here...According to the poll results so far, roughly half of you have one! (y)

Anyone have suggestions on how we can get more activity in our Miata Forum here..?

I've looked at the above MX-5 forum a couple of times but there's so little posting that I went to the other forum at miata.net.

Sorry.

It would be hard to compete with Miata.net. I've been a member of that forum since 2005 and it is an incredible resource.

One 2015 CX5 plus a 2017 CX5 and finally the garage queen until spring this year is the 2019 30th AE MX5 RF.

My '06 MX-5 is so bullet-proof, I bought 2 CX-5s because of it. Both CX-5s have been equally trouble free.

It's pretty fun! Never drove the manual with limited slip diff. It's like a go cart. The paddle shifters were nice. I used it quite a few times to send it on the freeway.

The CX-5 is definitely inspired by the Miata. Coming out corners feel better on the CX-5 (GVC+ with the brake application). The Miata I drove didn't have a year on it and no backup camera. Could have been a 2016 or 2017.

@Conrad 16.5 @TechRancher Thanks for the feedback, is there anything / any feature you wish the other sites had but they don't that could possibly be implemented here..?

I wouldn't say that the Miata forum here is lacking any features. More it's just that there are so many folks over there posting so much info.

That's not always good though.

There's a lot of misinformation as well. When I first joined the forum at Miata.net I wasn't expecting so many people there who know absolutely nothing about cars, and aren't afraid to show everyone how little they know. I guess I assumed that Miata owners were 'car people' and would know more bout their cars than they do. I really have to filter out the extraneous crap while I'm reading.

I wouldn't say that the Miata forum here is lacking any features. More it's just that there are so many folks over there posting so much info.

That's not always good though.

There's a lot of misinformation as well. When I first joined the forum at Miata.net I wasn't expecting so many people there who know absolutely nothing about cars, and aren't afraid to show everyone how little they know. I guess I assumed that Miata owners were 'car people' and would know more bout their cars than they do. I really have to filter out the extraneous crap while I'm reading.

This sounds like a good time to plug our Resources section. Maybe some of the miata.net regulars who are also mazdas247.com regulars could cross post the useful, informative threads into the Miata Resources section. The resource would basically be the title, a one liner describing the resource, and a link to the original thread on miata.net. It wouldn't pull users away from miata.net, but we could keep it "clean" over here by only including useful info as a reference.

Also, I see nothing wrong with starting a thread here to discuss something that's already being discussed at miata.net. For example, in this thread on miata.net, the OP says that he regrets his current car and wishes he just got a Miata. I just created this thread in the Miata subforum to continue the discussion based on the miata.net thread.

Model-specific forums are tough to compete with.

It's like trying to drag Camaro or Mustang forum members to a generic Chevy or Ford site. They belong to Camaro Clubs and Mustang Clubs. The elitism is part of the allure. They don't want to mingle with Volt or Pinto owners.

That being said:
Antoine, you're in Japan. Is there anything available to you from your presence there that gives you access to content that no one in the states might have? Maybe a couple of "Front Lines" posts that get cross-posted or referred to on other sites might attract some folks. Or pictures of Miatas in their native land. I've seen a few of your Mazda Motorsports pics, but no real volume. That being said, once Miata folks visit here, we gotta give a reason for them to come back. This might be a lot of effort for minimal gain.

It's an interesting topic because the the Miata is sexy, but the CX-5 is Mazda's top-selling current model by far and has rapidly accumulated way more owners than the Miata (out-sold Miatas 20:1 in 2019), so of course the CX-5 forum is gonna be highly-trafficked. And there are no CX-5 specific sites or clubs that I'm aware of to compete with...it's not a decades-old sports car model. Plus there's some commonality with other CX models, especially the CX-9, so having those other models represented here adds value.

Maybe the answer is to leverage our position as a cross-model site where it provides a benefit, and put our efforts into to getting more "CX" owners here (since it is the top selling line). I don't think you're gonna drag many Miata Club members here except perhaps as a distant second tier resource.

To put a finer point on it:

Mazda has sold 457,000 Miatas in 31 years (1989-2019), or 14, 730 per year.
>2019 sales = 7,800 the lowest since 2014.

Mazda has sold 878,000 CX-5s in 8 years (2012-2019), or 109,800 per year.
>2019 sales = 156,000 the highest year ever.

2019 sales for CX3 + CX5 + CX9 = 198,000

These are rounded U.S. sales figures

Last edited:
Love my trio of cars, the '13 power retractable hard top MX-5 hides seasonally in the garage under a cover while the '16.5 CX-5 and '12 GTI trudge through the Canadian winters and salt with Blizzak DM-V2s and Hakka R2s respectively. Decent snow storm in the Toronto area at the moment.

I just posted this in the Miata forum.

Dunno if it interests anyone here.

2005 Mazda Miata Mx5 Convertible for sale at Estate Auction

I had an estate auction notice hit my Inbox I thought might interest some here. This is in Keysville, VA. 80 driving miles dead south of Charlottesville, and maybe 40-50 miles north of North Carolina @ Kerr Reservoir.

Lot 20, partway down Page 1.

There's an inspection opportunity before bidding.

View attachment 222240

That 2005 reminds me of my 2003 Miata LS that I had to sell after I got married. No room to park a third car until I bolt from NoVA to a lower cost of living area. I hope to find a used 2019 ND model sometime in the next 4-5 years.

Thanks for the votes guys, keep 'em coming!

Also BIG THANKS for the feedback...Some serious food for thought there...We're not trying to become miata.net but I would like to see more Miata-related posts here and I'm sure we can make it happen but it won't be easy of course.

We actually started as model-specific a "million years ago" but slowly and naturally added models. It's in OUR DNA. That said, we've always adapted when necessary and will continue to do so...Seems there are quite a few Owners with multiple Mazdas and there is no reason we can't fully support them.

Ultimately it's up to Mazdas247 to attract and maintain its Membership and as long as Enry and I are here, we'll always strive to be a premier community and resource regardless of any competition.

Continued feedback and suggestions welcome! :)

Back