White smoke and gas smell after midpipe intall

SleepyMSP

:
2003.5 MSP
Ok just finished the install of the CS J pipe and MAM catted mid pipe, got everything back together and fired her up for the first time. After letting it sit for a minute I started to smell gas really bad and when I looked behind me there was a lot of white/blue smoke coming from the tail pipe.

Before the install I did notice a little gas smell coming from the car somewhere but I wasn't ever sure it was me, now its really bad to the point where I do not think its a good idea to drive until I can diagnose the problem.

I did some looking around and saw things like checking the plugs and coil packs but its pouring rain outside and I can't go check just yet.

Does anyone else have an idea what the problem might be?

installing a catted mid pipe won't cause these issues...you either had them before or it just is a coincidence...maybe it just looks/smells worse becase you're looking at it now with the new pipe? you could have an o2 sensor issue,,,that would make the car run extra rich....not sure?

the pipe is catted, and is used, I think bazooka is right the problem was there before and the stock cats were masking the problem, I'm checking my plugs now to see whats up with them hopefully its just them

well it seems as though the problem resolved itself, after I finished checking the plugs and finding out they were all fine, I started her up and reved the engine a little and the smoke just went away...I'm going to let the car cool down completely and start her back up to make sure its not something that happens only on cold start

Thanks for peoples input

What about the white/blue smoke? Went away too? You got me worried with the blue smoke part.....

It all seems to be gone, I would be more worried about the white smoke, white = coolant = blown head gasket = way bad...

I cold started it again and no smoke, it must have been some old junk in the pipes that needed to be burned off

Back