Whining noise when turning off engine.

:
2019 CX5 Touring/Preferred Pkg
Ever since Ive brought the car, theres always been a low whining noise right after turning off the car. It sounds as if the ballast for lights from the engine bay, are whining but I cant pinpoint where its coming from exactly.
It goes on for about 20-30 seconds and goes away. It also occurs when the car goes into accessory mode and off.
Any ideas?

I dont think its the fuel pump since its coming from near the engine bay. I know the fuel pump is more of a discrete sound inside but this only happens when the car is turned off.

My 2019 Sig trim does this too since the first day I owned it. Definitely front of car/engine bay. Heard a similar noise from my 2016 GT so I just assumed it is normal.

My 2016 cx5 does it too. Long ago I read a thread about what it could be. I think someone suggested cam phaser? maybe? Regardless, its harmless.

Ever since Ive brought the car, theres always been a low whining noise right after turning off the car. It sounds as if the ballast for lights from the engine bay, are whining but I cant pinpoint where its coming from exactly.
It goes on for about 20-30 seconds and goes away. It also occurs when the car goes into accessory mode and off.
Any ideas?

I vaguely remember seeking an answer for this years ago as my 13 has done it since new. I believe somebody here suggested it was the electronic power steering. I thought, sure, why not and didnt think about it again lol.

Don't worry.
My CX5 does it since new. I have 12K miles now.
It still does it after longer spirited drive (>15 miles).
(harder driving or hill climbing, etc.)

Pretty sure that's just the Flux Capacitor running down. Fairly normal.

Back