Which One?

cvp0917

:
Mazdaspeed 3
So i cant decide what to do. I have a nice 12" sub that my sub amp died. i also have a small 2 channel amp (40x2) but its too small to power my sub. What would you guys do? get another sub amp (which id need like a 500+ watt amp or get a nice set of 6x9s and run 3 sets of speakers? You think the 6x9s would have a problem with the sub running and pushing on the 6x9s?

So i cant decide what to do. I have a nice 12" sub that my sub amp died. i also have a small 2 channel amp (40x2) but its too small to power my sub. What would you guys do? get another sub amp (which id need like a 500+ watt amp or get a nice set of 6x9s and run 3 sets of speakers? You think the 6x9s would have a problem with the sub running and pushing on the 6x9s?

buy a new mono channel amo for the sub....and hell yeah get a couple 6x9 for that 2 ch amp....make some nice mids and lows

I wouldn't bother putting the 6x9s in if it was me. They are not as clear when producing the lows as your sub would be. I say go for the sub amp and use the sub to reproduce the lows clearly.

If you do decide to go with the 6x9s and the sub, you shouldn't have a problem with the sub pushing the 6x9s. Except that the sound volume would be louder than the rest of your interior speakers. Having only 2 of 6 with an amp. Just my 2 cents.

oh i have a 40x4 running all the door speakers already. the sub amp just took a crap. i took it apart and theres a nice brown spot under a couple big capacitors in the middle of the board, which is green. i really do miss my sub. i just wasnt sure if id have a problem with the sub presurizing (or however you spell that) the trunk and messing with the 6x9s. but then again every other car ive had had 6x9s in the rear deck and i still ran a sub just fine. it just kills me having a perfectly good speaker install spot and theres no speakers in it!!!

Back