Which intercooler on stock internals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspeed101

Potential Scammer!
:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Ok I am debating whether to run the mam fmic or the turbohoses smic with hardpipes. I do not plan on building the motor and want the most efficient setup that will get me the best gains. I am planning on putting every possible bolt on and fuel management on my car and am gonna try to hit around 250whp. Which intercooler do you think will be best for my goals and why?

i think the MAM fmic would be better just 'cause it might be a little safer to achieve 250whp with it. like you'll have better head room than with an upgraded smic

Currently, 505zoom is running the Mental Addiction FMIC and has 260+whp on stock internals :)

I ran 13.15 and 107mph with the stock intercooler and pipes and internals...

BlkZoomZoom said:
I ran 13.15 and 107mph with the stock intercooler and pipes and internals...

If this is the case, imagine what you could have done with a FMIC.It's a known fact that just about any FMIC is better than stock.How long have you had your MSP and how often did you go to the strip?What does your car wieght dry and with you in it?

Last edited:
jflo said:
i think the MAM fmic would be better just 'cause it might be a little safer to achieve 250whp with it. like you'll have better head room than with an upgraded smic
Do you think the smic will start losing efficency at 230-250whp?
CChris704 said:
wait whats wrong with the perrin in your sig... did i miss something?
I sold it

Last edited:
Mental Addiction said:
If this is the case, imagine what you could have done with a FMIC.It's a known fact that just about any FMIC is better than stock.How long have you had your MSP and how often did you go to the strip?What does your car wieght dry and with you in it?

Yeah I imagine it woulda cut the times down quite abit. However metal pipes weigh more than the stock stuff.
I have owned it for 2yrs. It has been to almost (broke a couple of diffs in there) every Wedneday night event (Right around an avg. of 8-10 runs... 21 events a year) And every other saturday for the Sport Compact events. Not counting the 6 times it has been autocrossed or the 5 times it has been to Englishtown. It's avg. weight at the track with me in it is 2963. I never weighed it without me in it, but I weigh around 160.

I have a few videos of the car running a couple of 13.4's except they are on VHS. I just got the digital camera this winter. And as everybody knows, time slips are in the 1/4 mile thread.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Yeah I imagine it woulda cut the times down quite abit. However metal pipes weigh more than the stock stuff.
I have owned it for 2yrs. It has been to almost (broke a couple of diffs in there) every Wedneday night event (Right around an avg. of 8-10 runs... 21 events a year) And every other saturday for the Sport Compact events. Not counting the 6 times it has been autocrossed or the 5 times it has been to Englishtown. It's avg. weight at the track with me in it is 2963. I never weighed it without me in it, but I weigh around 160.

I have a few videos of the car running a couple of 13.4's except they are on VHS. I just got the digital camera this winter. And as everybody knows, time slips are in the 1/4 mile thread.

To run 105.6mph in the quarter mile with a 2963lb race weight that would mean you are making roughly 272whp..You said you ran this speed on a stock setup with just 12-13psi?Am I reading this right? You also said you have gone as fast as 107mph, this means you need 282whp..I'm just wanting to make sure I am understanding this.

Mental Addiction said:
To run 105.6mph in the quarter mile with a 2963lb race weight that would mean you are making roughly 272whp..You said you ran this speed on a stock setup with just 12-13psi?Am I reading this right? You also said you have gone as fast as 107mph, this means you need 282whp..I'm just wanting to make sure I am understanding this.

I agree good driving skill will help, but I dont think with stock everything just 12-13psi you can do 13.15。

Its all STOCK modified. stock exhaust with "cats" stock air box with gaping hole in it. Stock Turbo with custom work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back