Whiatle Like Noise

Spicymazda0323

Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Protege
I have a whining noise coming from the wastehate i think! everytime i squeeze on the hose for the wastegate it stops so i was wondering if that means that the wastegate is no good! Any help would be great!!!

Ok! no need for exclaimations on every sentence!! We know you want urgent help!!!

in all seriousness now... It sounds like the wastegate. Im assuming that if you are pinching off the wastegate vacuum line, that its whistling @ idle?

do you have a boost guage? Any irregularities seen there?

Wastehate - thats a good one :p I hate mine too so guess that works lol...

you can pick up a replacement from protegegarage.com (ATP Version) or by contacting kooldino (by pm) @ speedcircuit.net (ATP Version). Otherwise the replacement can be had from ATP but Ill have to go look for the part # (its the 7psi internal wastegate actuator).

If you go through Mazda for the direct OEM replacement, it will cost around $350 for the new adjustable wastegate, vs. 60 for the ATP version.

If you are under warranty (4yr/50k miles bumper to bumper) there is a TSB (to my knowledge its fairly recent) about a whistle coming from the WGA. The TSB states that replacement should be done to the wastegate once the issue is verified.

Back