Where is the CX-9 block heater cord located?

I believe only Canadian vehicles come with the engine block heater, are you in Canada? If so the heater cord is usually located near the battery.

Upvote 0
I am in Canada, -50 expected tonight in Saskatchewan. I will check by the battery. Thank you 🙂

I believe most (all?) Canadian Mazdas come with the block heater already installed (either at port or at the dealership). In these installations, the cord itself is not fixed to the car. It is a separate cord, and one end plugs into a port on the front bumper while the other end goes into the electrical outlet.

I went out in -35c to get these pictures lol

IMG_20210208_103932.jpg

IMG_20210208_103945.jpg

Upvote 0
Yep, mine is like that too. If you're asking this question, there's a good chance you lack that cable. I'm guessing you recently bought your '16?

If so, the question then is, where do you get a cable that will fit in there, because it's NOT a standard electrical plug. And that's actually a question I'd like to know the answer to. Someone said Canadian Tire carries them, although I'm not certain of that. I guess the dealership would, but probably for twice the price.

Upvote 0
Yes, I'll try to remember to take a picture of the cord plug and the brand on the flip cap. Should make it easier to find a replacement cable.

Before buying a replacement cable, make sure it isn't hiding in the cargo area somewhere. Check the false floor, and check the spare tire area under the false floor.

Upvote 0
Here's a link to the block heater kit. It would be nice to be able to purchase just the cable without the block heater core itself.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys! I bought my car new in 2016, just always had my husband around to deal with outside stuff but he is working in nfld during this north pole weather so I have been stranded. Ordered a new cord today. 🙂

Upvote 0
My block heater cord just dangles out the front of the car, driver's side, through the bottom of the front facia. I just plug it in with a heavy duty extension cord.
Funny thing happened while I was in Florida two years ago.
Went to get an oil change at an indie shop, and the guy saw the cord hanging out, and though the car was a plug in hybrid. He'd never seen a block heater before. Too funny.

Upvote 0
When I went to Australia a while back, I for whatever reason mentioned something about plugging my car in. This was back in 1999, well before Tesla and electric cars were a thing. They looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. They never heard of such a thing.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately not all dealers install the block heater option in Canada. I purchased my 2018 in Alberta assuming it had a BH. You know the saying!

Upvote 0
Back