What's a good battery booster/jumper/charger?

$75? $80? This’s the price I saw! Amazon must have set up the cookies in my computer to display the highest possible price for items I’m shopping ⋯ 👎

nah it is the ebb and flow of Amazon response pricing

a fun read:

but don't forget the warehouse.. often unused returns land there and you can save a few nickles.

$75? $80? This’s the price I saw! Amazon must have set up the cookies in my computer to display the highest possible price for items I’m shopping ⋯ 👎

View attachment 296516

It's showing the same $99.95 on my computer now using my link. When I bought yesterday, there was a red banner over the &75 price that said "Limited Time Offer". They must have sold the number they needed to to reduce stock.

The Project Farm guy on youtube did a review on many jumpers available including NoCo (which did not perform well). Check it out.

I got one of the generic ones from Amazon (around $60 or so).
They all work fine. Made in China, inflated rating, etc.

I gave one to my daughter attending college far from home. She was able jump her car by herself after parking for 2 months. It is that easy to use.

From my experience, it lasts about 1 yr left alone and still have 25% charge (recommended minimum for jumping).

It can also acts as a power bank and emergency lighting, when needed.

Last edited:
Looks like it's a never ending search - and reviews by the same Project Farm. Now her really ikes the Gooloo 4000 and the Noco GB70.

Looks like it's a never ending search - and reviews by the same Project Farm. Now her really ikes the Gooloo 4000 and the Noco GB70.

Price wise and starting power, the Gooloo is a better choice. This video came out like a year after I bought the GB40 lol. Like any of these products, they rely on batteries and sometimes they may discharge even when you need it the most.

Pick your poison and hope for the best. It's not something you'll use very often but it's nice to have. If anything, charging your car battery every month or so would probably help assuming you run a lot of electronics.

Alternatively, you could get one with supercap. There is no battery inside. Never needs to be recharged from time to time. As long as there is some juice left in the car battery (obviously not enough voltage to start the engine), the supercap jumper collects the charges, raises the voltage high enough for you to do a couple starts.... Worry free. Just keep one in your cargo area and forget about it.

Used my Gooloo to jump my dad's V6 Highlander yesterday (the car had been sitting all winter). Worked great.

I'd love a NOCO, GooLoo or similar but am concerned about the AZ heat, where even ion the garage it will be 90+ degrees for 3-4 straight months. Then who knows what it gets to in the trunk when in a parking lot. The Supercap seems like a viable option, 'dunno

I'd love a NOCO, GooLoo or similar but am concerned about the AZ heat, where even ion the garage it will be 90+ degrees for 3-4 straight months. Then who knows what it gets to in the trunk when in a parking lot. The Supercap seems like a viable option, 'dunno
That extreme heat would be a concern of mine as well. I wonder if a thermal type wrap of some type would repel the summer heat and protect the power pack.

If you are concerned about li-ion battery under high heart, consider a supercap jumper.... No battery inside to explode or self-ignite... :)

It seems all of them have thousands of positive Amazon reviews (yes, yes, I know about Amazon reviews), so it seems like hit or miss on the quality. I went with GooLoo, seemed to be universally love, with more power and lower price than many. I do have it with me in my van but in the summer keep in my lunch cooler - it was 115 today.

Side note, if even the guy selling them at Batteries Plus didn't like the idea of me keeping it in a hot summer car - if it's 115 outside, it will get to over 150 inside - then I'm sure it's not a good idea.

Back