What the "Driving thru the Deep Snow to the Cliff Top" Commercial Never Mentions

What the "Driving thru the Deep Snow to the Cliff Top" Commercial Never Mentions

So, we get 20" of snow during Tuesday - a record for both the date and a single day record for the city. By Wednesday morning there is still no plow on my street but there are appointments to make so off I drive; having first helped neighbours into the street and then back into their driveways as they can't overcome the snow. I am thrilled to bash thru to the cleared major streets. Now I don't have 20" of ground clearance and so the trucklet is doing some plowing with the chassis, but there is no problem. Eventually I return home and then make another run thru the snow for errands. On my second return the city grader had just been by to deposit a special gift from the municipality into the end of the drive and so I park the trucklet to shovel clear as even I don't think it can overcome three feet of compacted drift.

On walking back to the Mazda I note black plastic swinging from the underside just forward of the driver's front wheel. The dealer determines that this is a shield on which I have managed to break all the plastic rivets but one while on my deep-snow adventure. It was 29.50$ Cdn to repair, but got a car wash included. So think twice when considering meeting the challenge of deep snow 'cause the drive train is more robust than the chassis.

Just sayin'

Brian

Back