What Mazdaspeed3 Parts Fit Mazda5?

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
Figure we can all share our thoughs on MS3 parts that can be reused on the Mazda5 - that is an improvement.

What I know so far.
-MS3 Front and Rear Sway bars (both 26mm)
-MS3 Front Calipers + mounting bolts (Need MS3 rotors and pads, Mz5 rears are actually bigger then Mz3/MS3 rears and are sough by them ;))
-MS3 Steering Wheel (leather wrapped but red LED. You probably want to swap the air bag and audio modules to fix lighting)
-MS3 Rear Wiper (extra mounting clip for the wiper insert, possibly for better force distribution but not sure if the length are identical)
-MS3 clutch slave cylinder (larger bore and shorter stroke, good if you have aftermarket clutch and powa)
-MS3 gas pedal (need the whole assembly but the pedal has a higher arc in resting position, designed for more aggressive driving and probably easier heel-toe)
-MS3 Shocks (we all know it fits and it’s probably stiffer then the OEM Mz5, just unsure how the rears will hold up. They are also prone to premature failure)
-MS3 Springs (stiffer and slightly lower but sags in the rear)
-MS3 Shift Knob (nicer weight but please dear god don’t use it unless you have a real 6 speed :p)

Anything else out there to consider?

Last edited:
Also the Exhaust....
Figure we can all share our thoughs on MS3 parts that can be reused on the Mazda5 - that is an improvement.

What I know so far.
-MS3 Front and Rear Sway bars (both 26mm)
-MS3 Front Calipers + mounting bolts (Need MS3 rotors and pads, Mz5 rears are actually bigger then Mz3/MS3 rears and are sough by them ;))
-MS3 Steering Wheel (leather wrapped but red LED. You probably want to swap the air bag and audio modules to fix lighting)
-MS3 Rear Wiper (extra mounting clip for the wiper insert, possibly for better force distribution but not sure if the length are identical)
-MS3 clutch slave cylinder (larger bore and shorter stroke, good if you have aftermarket clutch and powa)
-MS3 gas pedal (need the whole assembly but the pedal has a higher are when in resting position, designed for more aggressive driving and probably easier heel-toe)
-MS3 Shocks (we all know it fits and its probably stiffer then the OEM Mz5, just unsure how the rears will hold up. They are also prone to premature failure)
-MS3 Springs (stiffer and slightly lower but sags in the rear)
-MS3 Shift Knob (nicer weight but please dear god dont use it unless you have a real 6 speed :p)

Anything else out there to consider?

from what i read the exhaust needed some work in order to fit the 5
i wish it was bolt on

I also remember reading that the MS3 exhaust required some pipe fab work to fit. I recall 1 or 2 Mz5 members have done it. Also, being a turbo exhaust, it does not provide any benefit to NA cars, but it does sound nice!

Come to think, I wonder if the 2012+ Mz5 dual exhaust fit <2010!? I wonder if it would provide any gains? Same chassis and I doubt Mazda drastically modified the floor pan or any major components so would it bolt-on.?.

Hey Silent or anyone that's knows for sure or has done the swap. So just to clarify.. First generation (08-09) MS3 rear sway bar (26mm) is a direct bolt on without any mods (obviously using the MS3 bushings and bushing plates)? Can I use my stock MZ5 ends links with the MS3 rear sway bay?

I saw a JDM exhaust for the Premacy (2012+) on a website, it looks just like the current OEM muffler BUT it's shiny like it's made of stainless steel, and has a Mazdaspeed logo engraved into the chrome tailpipe finisher and from what I read, it says the sound is different. Cost USD: $800 + ship. Anyone care to take a gamble?? Probably cheaper to head to a specialty shop and get a Borla customized to your 5.

Last time I was at my buddy's shop doing the oil, we went over the exhaust. Cat 1 is just after the engine, cat 2 a couple of feet down, then there's a resonator then everything snakes to the left and reaches the stock muffler which looks like a big ugly lunchbox, not much room for improvement, though a dual exhaust would be nasty as hell!!

Hey Silent or anyone that's knows for sure or has done the swap. So just to clarify.. First generation (08-09) MS3 rear sway bar (26mm) is a direct bolt on without any mods (obviously using the MS3 bushings and bushing plates)? Can I use my stock MZ5 ends links with the MS3 rear sway bay?

No, you need MS3 endlinks because they're different sizes.

No, you need MS3 endlinks because they're different sizes.

I bought a 2009 MS3 (1st gen) rear sway bar that came with sway bar bushings and its respective plates. So all I need is the OEM 09 MS3 end links? Other then that, it should just bolt right up correct?

I bought a 2009 MS3 (1st gen) rear sway bar that came with sway bar bushings and its respective plates. So all I need is the OEM 09 MS3 end links? Other then that, it should just bolt right up correct?

You should be good once you have the links.

You should be good once you have the links.

Thank you brother I appreciate your knowledge and help. Just ordered up two rear end links for 09 MS3 part# B37F-28-170B and two nuts for the 12mm stud from the end link part# 99940-1211

Thank you brother I appreciate your knowledge and help. Just ordered up two rear end links for 09 MS3 part# B37F-28-170B and two nuts for the 12mm stud from the end link part# 99940-1211

You're welcome. Let me know how the installation and drive go. It's recommended that you keep the wheels and suspension under compression when you install it, so it's easiest just to use some ramps. I recommend removing the rear subframe brace if you can, as it's easier to remove the old bar and put the new one in place. Also, get yourself a good allen wrench and a good ratcheting wrench for installing the endlinks to the frame. It's a tight fit.

Hi from malabo, I have a Mazda5 2006. The clutch is bad and I've looked all over for one, please I want to know what car or mazda model clutch plate and release bearing can interchange to fit to a Mazda5?

Below is the kit I got from RockAuto. It shows other applications it fits.

IMG_20210203_084938747.jpg

I can confirm the Mazdaspeed dual exhaust fits and bolts directly to the factory elbow over the rear frame. All that needs to be done is three extra hangers welded in to hold it up and you need to extend the tips as it about 8" to short to reach the bumper flush. Did it all my self in my shop aswell as upgrading the exhaust to 2.5" cat back.
PXL_20210208_195157264.jpg
PXL_20201026_005925560.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome. I have an 09 m5 GT manual. I just might do this
Yup should work just fine. Mine is an 2007 5speed. This whole thing all together cost me only $160. Got the muffler used for $60 complete with pipe over the rear frame. Then $100 in piping and hangers to go 2.5" cat back. Welded everything myself so I saved bigtime there.

I will try to get a video on the exhaust on YouTube and post the link here. You gotta hear it lol. It's pretty loud when your on it but also quite on idle and I still have the res and cat on there.

I can confirm the Mazdaspeed dual exhaust fits and bolts directly to the factory elbow over the rear frame. All that needs to be done is three extra hangers welded in to hold it up and you need to extend the tips as it about 8" to short to reach the bumper flush. Did it all my self in my shop aswell as upgrading the exhaust to 2.5" cat back.View attachment 295309View attachment 295310
That seriously looks awesome. Well done.

Back