What kind of transmission

What kind of transmission

• Manual

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Automatic

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
If I were physically able to do it and the law allowed it, I would have a stick. I have been trying to figure out a way to build hand controls that the driver could drive a stick, but the state says absolutely not.

I wasnt singling you out in any way i understand extenuating circumstances but 12 other people have also answered automatic.
Bummer tho. Glad youre still a hoon at heart.

Yeah, i can't imagine not being physically able to drive a stick. it would definetly ruin the entire driving experience. But be glad you can drive at least. its pretty rough to be able to get around alot of places if you don't own a car.

Sad that so many people cant (have reasons not to) drive stick.
No rant tho. To each there own.

I would if I could ... but I've tried to teach the husband how to drive a stick ... then again, he can't drive our riding lawnmower either. :/ He just don't get it.

I have a standard and an automatic...got the Civic manual and Miata/Protege5 standard due to the driving I do with them...

Yeah, i can't imagine not being physically able to drive a stick. it would definetly ruin the entire driving experience. But be glad you can drive at least. its pretty rough to be able to get around alot of places if you don't own a car.

I manage. I fabricate and design custom hand control systems as a side job (teach for a living). In the back of the MZ3, I have a custom linear actuator that is used to lift a wheelchair into the back of the car. It is bolted to the rear subfloor structure and it uses a cable and a swing arm to lift a 300 pound object into the back of the car. Only thing I have not yet figured out is how to use the gas, brake, clutch and gearshift into one lever.

My Mazda3 is a stick, learned how to drive nearly 40 years ago; unfortunately I never got the hang of an automatic. I guess I'm an incompetent driver unless there are three pedals under the dash. :p

My Mazda3 is a stick, learned how to drive nearly 40 years ago; unfortunately I never got the hang of an automatic. I guess I'm an incompetent driver unless there are three pedals under the dash. :p

I'm w/him, though I only learned to drive.... 39yrs ago. I wanted to learn/know how to drive a std shift and never looked back.

Hey Richard,

Imagine finding you over here. :p

Regards,
Dale

Well, you did report the post, didn't you? 'Told ya' I was a Mod here as well.

One post and you were already reporting SPAM.

Well, you did report the post, didn't you? 'Told ya' I was a Mod here as well.

One post and you were already reporting SPAM.

How much longer before you tag me as a terrorist again? ;)

Hmmm. right now? :p
At the risk of going even more off-topic here, you know I was only kidding about that, right? It was just supposed to be a funny expression. You seem to be taking that more seriously than I ever intended it to be.

Back