What is a ladder brace?

The Kid

Ive been seeing these ladder braces for the P5 but im not sure exactly what it is or where it goes on the car. Any clarification would be great, pics would be cool to.

Thanks,
The Kid

Goes underneath the front of the car in place of the frame piece that goes under the exh pipe in front of the 2nd cat. Got the brace but no pics. Check it out on GTSpec.com

Are you planning some serious track time for the car? Why else would you want one?
Because it matches the front stb, it's much lighter/stiffer than what was there, it was on sale, cuz we like to mod s***, because I could, for the hell of it, so you can have something cool to check out while you change oil, because chicks dig it,lol.....but that's just me. I'm sure others would have their own reasons to do it or not do it.

It looks like this........
4pointladderbar.jpg

Last edited:
That pic is from gtspec site but it should. I have header & hi flo flex fitted catted midpipe which is 2.25 instead of 2" for oem IIRC & it clears fine. Not a lot of room but have never heard it touch starting, revving or driving. OEM midpipe is humped up to go over oem support, fits in same place.

I am getting one sometime and just want an amazing streetcar. Maybe oneday I will go try auto crossing the car.

Back