What I wish my cx5 had

I wish my cx 5 had the i-drive thing like they have it in the UK.

I couldn't care less about loosing the cup holders as I never use them.

It's a bit superfluous for the driver but not a passenger. As a driver I would use the touch screen (can access all menus within field of vision), but my wife can use the navigator between the seats without having to raise her arm infront of everything.

It's a bit superfluous for the driver but not a passenger. As a driver I would use the touch screen (can access all menus within field of vision), but my wife can use the navigator between the seats without having to raise her arm infront of everything.

I wonder how much would that cost as an add-on and would it be plug and play. Keeping in mind that it's the same stereo etc and only the controls are being duplicated.

I wish 2nd gear in the manual was geared a little lower. It's way too long for a six speed.
I rev it all the way to 5.5-6k in first, then drop it into second and it feels like i went from 1st to 3rd.
I'm sure it's for the sake of mileage, but 2nd is driving me nuts in city driving!

Automatic folding rear head restraints. The 2012 Honda CR-V has the greatest one-touch fold down system where the rear head rests, or restraints, fold down with the seats and you never have to touch them. Plus the floor folds down completely flat.

Rear vents for the passengers.

A smaller blind spot.

I wish the roof rails weren't on back order!!

More cubby/storage space for things like my wallet, phone, camera and other things like my ray gun and memory eraser (from MIB). Seriously though, this would be nicer for road trips where you have cameras, drinks, directions, multiple phones, etc.

Other than this I'm loving this car and look forward to many, many miles.

Yeah, I agree CodyZoom, more cubby/storage space. This is the least I've had in a vehicle, maybe not so much for day to day, but road trips it would be helpful. Memory seats would be nice and the rear vents.

1. power folding mirror and rear lift gate
2. panoramic sunroof. would look nice on my pearl white with black panoramic sunroof

and of course about 30-40 more hp. besides that i love my cx-5

All wheel drive, 6 speed manual, 420 lb/ft, 175 hp diesel engine like they offer in the UK. Am I asking too much? The rest of the options I can do aftermarket.

This, and a factory sunroof with the manual trans. Oh, and a realistic towing limit not dictated by the legal dept. in the US. The petrol 2.0 FWD model (same as our sport) is rated by Mazda UK at 1800 Kg with brakes, which is 3960 lbs.

The auto up and down is a liability thing not a cost thing. Same why the sun roof opens with 1 touch but not close. So they dont get sued when someone sticks their head or hand out the window while its shutting.

We've had a half-dozen VWs and Audis plus a Mini in our garages over the past 12 years, and all of them have had auto up/down on all moving glass and remote roof/windows open/close. If you put your hand in the path of a closing window or sunroof (or you have a slow learning dog), it will bounce off and stop as soon as it touches the body part. And a light touch is all that's necessary. Gonna miss that on the Mazda.

Sometimes it needed to be programmed in with the Vag-Com tool or by the dealer, but the potential was always there.

The ability to wave your foot under the rear hatch to open it. I think the Ford Escape has it.

Heated seat option with cloth seats like Subaru offers on their all-weather package.

Back