What have you done to your P5 today?

mazdaspeed777 said:
My poor engine is took apart. I ported my intake manifold with a VTCS removal and installed a thermal spacer. I also just installed some OBX headers and I am having a b**** of a time getting the intake manifold back on. If I first connect the EGR tube to the headers then try and install the intake manifold it wont go on, and when I install the intake manifold first then try and connect the EGR tube to the headers it won't reach! Anyone have any ideas.

Mount the intake mani and OBX with a few bolts just barely threaded in, line up/thread the EGR fittings and then snug the header and intake mani down. Go back and tighten everything to spec.

took her for a little 80 miles spin...because of my commute i don;t get to "open" her up much..at 10 this morn, nobody on the highway 35-100 was real nice and pretty quick....felt good!(lol2)

Bala de Plata said:
Mount the intake mani and OBX with a few bolts just barely threaded in, line up/thread the EGR fittings and then snug the header and intake mani down. Go back and tighten everything to spec.
yep, what Patrick said... there's no way you'll be able to properly attach and tighten the egr to the header (note the singular :) ) if you've got the header bolted down snug. just hang it on the bolts so you can move it around as needed, attach and tighten the egr, and then tighten everything else.

ordered a new gauge surround and the tribute washer nozzles for my girl today... should be in next week sometime. can't wait to have a mist instead of the two streams that never go where they're needed :)

whitemp5seattle said:
Friday night works. I'm not sure if I'll have a car or not - I'm driving up with some other coworkers so I'll have a car if nobody else wants to go anywhere...anywhere in Baltimore that's a good place to go? Can't do anything too crazy since Saturday is a long day for me...
inner harbor, fells point, federal hill.. if you have a car ill take the train into the inner harbor

reynoldsrobbie said:
hey whitemp5seattle, did I read that you installed projectors on your P5?

(sssh)

Attachments

• projectors.JPG
    projectors.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 337
Liquid_Ag said:
better. its a real 4-1 so it has better gains than the obx

so wat is obx? fake? u have to get a 2nd bung welded into the ractive and it also has rubbing problems.

amsgator said:
so wat is obx? fake? u have to get a 2nd bung welded into the ractive and it also has rubbing problems.
no. the obx is 4-2-1 and has like 6 inch long runners. the ractive is pretty close to the racing mazda header. ive heard of no rubbing problems, and 35 dollars is pretty cheap for a 2nd bung and more power

*raises hand* I had a ractive with rubbing problems, hence why I didn't sell it after going turbo :)

It bent the lip of my oil pan and rubbed a bit on one corner of my oil pan too. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that I just got a defective one.

Kansei said:
*raises hand* I had a ractive with rubbing problems, hence why I didn't sell it after going turbo :)

It bent the lip of my oil pan and rubbed a bit on one corner of my oil pan too. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that I just got a defective one.

well then there must have been a lot of defective ones because i've heard of a lot of them rubbing.

Back