What have you done to your P5 today?

Just picked up a 2003 p5 today to replace my 1999 civic hatchback. Not much planned for it. Cleaning it up and Making sure all things are in functional order and then installing an MSP short shifter, tint, clean headlights, and maybe lowering springs.

Does anyone have the mounting piece that goes on the rear hatch for the license plate to screw onto? Mine didn't come with one.

RIP boys
aa9a00ea7a6a3fa03156530b089f74ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch, that does hurt. Also hope everyone is doing ok.

Not sure it will be totaled though.

If you get that bracket, 323, you will have to drill 2 holes to mount it to the hatch as seen in this pic:

attachment.php

But that price is way cheaper than the $40+ for a new OEM one and finding them used can be a hassle. I spent weeks trying to find one. The plate will cover the holes you have to drill so looks wise it should look similar to OEM.

Driving home tonight in the dark after a storm, I took a hit to the front crossmember from a big chunk of tree branch. Ir rolled under neath and it nearly lifted the car off the ground. No damage though. So thats good.

Everyone was ok. Her car was only a little cosmetic damage though. Bad news today though. The damage that was done to my car cost more money to repair than I spent on the car by $1000 so it's totaled. Hoping to step into a BRZ next but unfortunately I've got to save up some money. Would anyone be interested in a part out?

She passed inspection and is road worthy for another year. One license plate bulb was out so I'll replace that easy enough. They also told me that there is a faint smell of gas coming from the left front corner of the gas tank. There are no visible stains but told me to keep an eye and nose out to see if it gets worse. Guess the tank is starting to rust at the seams. Doesn't surprise me as the rest of the car is slowly rusting away.

Everyone was ok. Her car was only a little cosmetic damage though. Bad news today though. The damage that was done to my car cost more money to repair than I spent on the car by $1000 so it's totaled. Hoping to step into a BRZ next but unfortunately I've got to save up some money. Would anyone be interested in a part out?

Sorry to hear. :(

How much are they going to give you for the car? Compare that to what it would cost to buy back. The only pain with parting out is the time involved with pulling everything and then selling/waiting for a buyer. Do you have a place to store it while you tear it down? And what mods do you have? You can make some money back on them but don't expect to profit unless you have some rare JDM stuff that is no longer available. Might be better to take the check and apply that on a down payment for the BRZ.

Champloo- If you decide on a part out I might be interested. I'm also in VA so I could probably pick up too. But really it might be a lot of work/not worth it for you if you don't have a bunch of goodies. You have a mazdaspeed axleback? haha

passenger headlight went out. guess the whole thing with p5s eating light bulbs all the time is true

Eating bulbs? How is it possible for the housing to affect bulb lifetime? Sorry if this is a noob question, this is the first time I've heard this

lol, ive read some threads a long time ago and know a couple friends with p5's that go through several low beam bulbs a year. hopefully the bulb in the p5 i just bought was on its way out.

$40 for H7 35w HIDs is same as a pr of decent halogen bulbs....................they're going on 5 or 6 yrs now, same set of ballasts/bulbs (knocks on wood)

Last edited:
Back