What have you done to your P5 today?

That TURDcel looks MINT!!!!!

My mom used to have an old '91 Turcel... 5sp, putting down a sick 75WHP-ish, same color. That thing never died. Then she traded it in for an actually mint '92 Accord.

Those 2 P5s look sad... and it makes me sad. That poor laser blue one sitting the Focus, an EH2 Civic(?), and a FAT Windstar. I think I'm going to cry... :'(

I use a '99 Ter/Turd-cel as my DD. It's a great car, but when I get back in the P5 it makes it feel like a race car.
It's incredible how bad they handle, I'm surprised that there are so many left around here...

That looks like a Millennia off to the far right on the bottom? Better than the yard I found. I did score a wiper stalk from an MPV for $50 though. Not amazing, but its nice having adjustable intermittent wipers!

The P5s, aside from being crushed, look okay. The front on the dark blue one looks like all their bits are good. Same with the light blue. (I don't know my paint codes very well)

Much like my P5, they look ok from a distance. I guarantee that they have rust in all the usual places which is probably why they're in that pile.

It's kinda crazy though, that junk yard probably has 20+ 3rd gen proteges on the lot to pull parts from. Some of them look better than mine!
But if you look closely, you realize that either the floor has rotted away, or the front strut towers are shot, etc.

If you guys need any small parts I could always pick up stuff when I'm there. The prices are super cheap since you pull the parts yourself: http://www.kennypiecesdautos.com/pricelist.php

I could use a hood and both passengers side doors. Shipping would be a deal breaker though.

That looks like a Millennia off to the far right on the bottom? Better than the yard I found. I did score a wiper stalk from an MPV for $50 though. Not amazing, but its nice having adjustable intermittent wipers!

The P5s, aside from being crushed, look okay. The front on the dark blue one looks like all their bits are good. Same with the light blue. (I don't know my paint codes very well)

damn, isn't $50 kind of a lot to be paying for that part?

I think this mod is going to catch on: passenger-side gardens!

IYO5Atwl.jpg

damn, isn't $50 kind of a lot to be paying for that part?

Well, its $100 new. But yeah, Jose6Wgn (or thereabouts) was selling ones for $35 I think? I spent a little too much, I'll agree...

I put a Corksport clutch line in. Its not any stiffer it doesn't seem than the stock line... Maybe I didn't bleed it well enough?? I hate messing with that bleeder nipple!!!

I got my mpv wiper stalk for $15 at my local junkyard

Don't make my want to cry any more than I already do. CheeseHelmet, thanks for the clarification! :) I was scared and stuff. It does let me put it into first when I'm rolling a little easier it seems

HELP NEEDED WITH MUFFLER!!!!!

Need to get new muffler. Previously had MS muffler with OBX headers, got rid of the MS muffler due to the droning sound @ high RPMs and replaced it with a universal muffler but kept the tip of the MS muffler and had it tacked on. Now I need to go back to a direct bolt-on muffler but not sure which one would work with the OBX headers that would not create the same droning effect. I was thinking of going back to the OEM muffler and attach the MS tip that I kept or get a direct bolt-on SS aftermarket muffler. Anyone who can provide advise will be appreciated. (anyone)(anyone)

HELP NEEDED WITH MUFFLER!!!!!

Need to get new muffler. Previously had MS muffler with OBX header, got rid of the MS muffler due to the droning sound @ high RPMs and replaced it with a universal muffler but kept the tip of the MS muffler and had it tacked on. Now I need to go back to a direct bolt-on muffler but not sure which one would work with the OBX header that would not create the same droning effect. I was thinking of going back to the OEM muffler and attach the MS tip that I kept or get a direct bolt-on SS aftermarket muffler. Anyone who can provide advise will be appreciated. (anyone)(anyone)

the exhaust drone is in every car, but its controlled by the factory resonator and muffler, once you change anything in your exhaust you basically amplify the drone some aftermarket mufflers do a better job at controlling drone then others its up to you and your ear to find out which one suits your decibel level. I personally run a obx header like you but i have a vibrant performance high flow secondary cat, stock resonator, and a vibrant performance stealth muffler, so i either dont know what drone really sounds like (with my exhaust setup), im not in high rpms (mainly city driving) or i have my music on so loud i never notice.

The day before yesterday I completed a month long brake work. It took me a month to find good weather and time to work on the car. Otherwise I think I could do this in 2 days at an comfortable pace. I also waited for shipment of the rear rotors for a while. My old rotors were EBC Sport on all 4 corners. Now I have Raybestos in front and Centric in rear.

Here are some pics I took.
Front https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cce8vf7g54if1vv/NdbDfgekj9
Rear https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aiurz08dkcp6a6u/f0xHD3RAg7

Also If you want to know about my experience with EBC Sport rotors go here http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...h-EBC-Sport-slotted-dimpled-rotors&highlight=
Bottom Line: No rotors I ever owned rusted as easily as EBC Sport.

Last edited:
Today i had my own answer to the expensive pope downpipe done up on my boosted p5
CAM00151-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]......
thats my co worker Troy with the pipe i bought at autozone for $28.00....
CAM00152.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]........
there he is welding away.....
CAM00154.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] .........
thats it installed and complete. Looks good huh?
CAM00155.jpg
[/URL][/IMG].....
Another pic.
CAM00156.jpg
[/URL][/IMG].....
I Even had him add a bung so i can move the 2nd O2 from the J pipe so i can add a lil tidbit
CAM00163.jpg
[/URL][/IMG].....
Function over form in my book.
CAM00165.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]....
The pod is an ebay pod i got for $8 its bigger than i thought but works.If ur all into how things look then this pod is not for you cuz it longer than the top cover of the column is where it indents and goes below the bezel

Last edited:
Aired up all 4 tires about 5 lbs, checked oil, dusted it off & cruised it on into work today.....yeah, it does sleep in the garage often enough to need the preflight check. Not the daily driver nor is it foul weather beast either.

Back