What have you done to your MSP today?

Hey thanks :)

Well....had Cometic. Blew it to pieces. Fel-pro I believe is what's in there now. OEM is what I'm probably going to end up going with, but the engine is not stock and I want this to be the the last time the head gets pulled off. I'd much rather get a killer gasket on there now instead of later. Ugh...decisions, decisions lol

Fel-pro is a very good brand. It is known for being durable, as well as re-usable in most cases. I work at an internal engine parts warehouse, we carry fel-pro, victor, and safety for the cheapies... gasket-wise that is. alot of the shops we work with have racing cars they constantly crak open before or after races, they love the fact that fel-pro gaskets come right off with no peeling so they are re-usable one or twice. Now also keep in mind there are PERFORMANCE head gaskets, made specifically for performance or upgraded applications. if your engine is running "hot" (internals have been upgraded) you WILL blow stock gaskets right off, regardless of the brand.

Pistons and rods are assembled and bolted to the crankshaft... I will possibly put everything together this weekend. The end is near! I got some K1 long rods for cheap if anyone wants them.. they are perfectly good. I can throw in 3 pistons for free :p

why are you selling the ss? you don't want any of the titanium problems. Also whats going on with this thread. I remember a time when i would go away for 2 hours and come back with 3-5pages to catch up on lol.

ditto haha. too many projects or too many problems people may be having ??

i threw a CEL again. last time it was my neutral position switch, cleared the code to see if itll come back. thats my homework to do later today after work.

still need to find a gt28 to drop into the new engine so i can install that lovely manifold and my pope dp in one shot.

why are you selling the ss? you don't want any of the titanium problems. Also whats going on with this thread. I remember a time when i would go away for 2 hours and come back with 3-5pages to catch up on lol.

i never wanted SS to begin with, always wanted a titanium from the start. had it for 4 years now, needed to switch it up a bit... without having a car payment haha. plus the titanium already has a built motor, and thus it was an easier swap to do exhaust/interior/FMIC than to do the whole motor.

should be ready to go soon, just gotta go get a stainless steel braided hose for my GT28RS oil line. and put a few things back on... and install my new 505 CAI box.

SS is now stock minus an injen intake, greddy BOX, exedy S1 clutch and flywheel

i never wanted SS to begin with, always wanted a titanium from the start. had it for 4 years now, needed to switch it up a bit... without having a car payment haha. plus the titanium already has a built motor, and thus it was an easier swap to do exhaust/interior/FMIC than to do the whole motor.

should be ready to go soon, just gotta go get a stainless steel braided hose for my GT28RS oil line. and put a few things back on... and install my new 505 CAI box.

SS is now stock minus an injen intake, greddy BOX, exedy S1 clutch and flywheel

man why would you want a titanium. SS is so rare and titanium is so common lol. You should swap that built motor in the SS. All in your condo parking lot lol. They would love that haha.

yea the guy that bought my msp sent me a message and said he's been having problems with it =/. Guess she doesn't like him lol. Makes me sad though because i waited till i had the car at 100% to sell it.

yea i mean it doesnt bother me too much, just messes with my idle when coming to a stop which also messes with me trying to get used to the new clutch since the idle is a little bouncy. cool thing is kyle is always helping me out since its his engine haha. but other than that engine is strong and no complaints, just gotta work out the little gremlins that like to terrorize the MSP every now and then.

man why would you want a titanium. SS is so rare and titanium is so common lol. You should swap that built motor in the SS. All in your condo parking lot lol. They would love that haha.

SS is boring... if i were to have kept it, it would be painted white. plus, the body is in better condition on the titanium as well.

too late my friend... unless you wanna come up and swap everything over for the cost of $FREE.99, the SS will be sold in the coming days. hopefully whoever buys it becomes an active 247 member.

in fact, there is a guy up the street from me w/ a SS who i sold my old HKS exhaust to. i'll tell him to join as well.

too late my friend... unless you wanna come up and swap everything over for the cost of $FREE.99, the SS will be sold in the coming days. hopefully whoever buys it becomes an active 247 member.

in fact, there is a guy up the street from me w/ a SS who i sold my old HKS exhaust to. i'll tell him to join as well.
i'll do it for food and gas if you promise to paint it white. oh and you have to promise to paint it white lol

RPC2wdn.jpg

Latest posts

Back