What have you done to your MSP today?

In my project budget planning for 2016, I finished putting together a list of short term to-do's for the MSP. $2,500 and that doesn't involve a built motor, ouch. Mind you this is my DD which just crested 185k on stock everything (Block/Trans/Clutch/Diff/Turbo/Etc.) What say you? Are my "wants" a waste of money at this age? The DP seems like a no-brainer while I have everything out of the car and the notorious hesitation "significantly impacts" the fun-factor of this being a daily driver. A built block isn't in the cards at the moment; if she pops, it will likely get a used block to get her by.

Needs
$75 Cylinder Head
$100 Gasket kit
$40 Water pump
$120 Timing Belt Kit
$25 Head Bolts
$10 Thermostat
$600 Pope Exhaust Manifold
$100 Exhaust Gaskets
$120 Clutch
$1,190 Total

Wants
$375 Pope Downpipe
$350 Innovate 3892 PSB-1
$370 AEM FIC 30-1910
$245 AEM Patch Harness, 30-2980
$1,340 Total
$2,530 Needs+Wants

The only thing I'd add are the coolant hoses.. I mean, If you are gonna do the water pump and thermostat.. Mine were getting crappy when I did my full tune up at 151K.. so it's something you may wanna consider. IDK thats just me. I replaced every coolant/heater line with a pack of Samco hoses I got from a member on the facebook pages

The only thing I'd add are the coolant hoses.. I mean, If you are gonna do the water pump and thermostat.. Mine were getting crappy when I did my full tune up at 151K.. so it's something you may wanna consider. IDK thats just me. I replaced every coolant/heater line with a pack of Samco hoses I got from a member on the facebook pages

That's a good point, did your Samco pack include heater core hoses? Were your silicone hoses degraded? IIRC, the hoses near the turbo are silicone already from the factory. I'll toss those on the list, much easier to get to with the head/intake off.

Question. When I had my turbo out it was stamped with m24 labels. Could I buy another m24 turbo and swap my housings? Trying to find something with better seals as she smokes in the morning now like. A lot.

Speaking of manifolds... my gen 3 just got finished today. Road testing starts this weekend. (rockon)

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

Speaking of manifolds... my gen 3 just got finished today. Road testing starts this weekend. (rockon)

Looks good. Have you nailed down the pricing on the head flange? I may still be interested in getting one from you for the carbon manifold I'm planning to build.

Looks good. Have you nailed down the pricing on the head flange? I may still be interested in getting one from you for the carbon manifold I'm planning to build.

Yeah pricing is finally all squared away except for the ceramic coating and polishing options. I'll shoot ya a PM and we can rap about it.

Happy birthday Tom! God bless you and your family

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks! My wife and three daughters keep me busy at home and the 20-30 students at school that call me dad make sure I never have a dull moment. Life is good :)

Had some funky stuff this week. With the colder weather my gauges started acting up again. Just like last year when I was up north is some real cold winter weather. They always bounce back after driving with the heat on for about 10 miles. Seems like I'm the only one that ever experienced the momentary lack of gauge function when cold weather hits.

Found 2 stored codes. The 0140 is no biggie as I have no cat to to warm up to threshold and am not replacing a worthless O2 sensor that does nothing. The other was 0660 but all seems well after clearing and I never had driveability issues. Had no pending codes at all.

Now all of a sudden yesterday I noticed the ABS and BRAKE lights on. Checked the fluid and it appears to be spot on. But its been almost 64,000 since my last complete brake pad / rotor job.

Will the lights illuminate for pad wear? Brakes however still function well and there is no lock up.

Alright. my downpipe is officially for sale in the fs section for $375 shipped. all hardware, never used, mounted or anything. Id rather not sell the manifold, but if someone in the msp community really needed a manifold, i could entertain offers. stripping my p5 starts tomorrow, all suspension and chassis bits will be swapped back to stock. once i get my hands on the engine hoist, ill be pulling the msp and p5 engines to swap whatever parts i was looking to keep.

p5 gonna get sold with a new clutch, brakse, tires all wear s*** so they are gonna get a pretty good deal. aside from the dent she is perfect and ill be sad to see her go... but whateves. its jsut a car. easily replacable when money is less tight.

yellow msp is coming back... hope it doesnt look rediculous with brown Rays.

Had some funky stuff this week. With the colder weather my gauges started acting up again. Just like last year when I was up north is some real cold winter weather. They always bounce back after driving with the heat on for about 10 miles. Seems like I'm the only one that ever experienced the momentary lack of gauge function when cold weather hits.

Found 2 stored codes. The 0140 is no biggie as I have no cat to to warm up to threshold and am not replacing a worthless O2 sensor that does nothing. The other was 0660 but all seems well after clearing and I never had driveability issues. Had no pending codes at all.

Now all of a sudden yesterday I noticed the ABS and BRAKE lights on. Checked the fluid and it appears to be spot on. But its been almost 64,000 since my last complete brake pad / rotor job.

Will the lights illuminate for pad wear? Brakes however still function well and there is no lock up.

brake light and ebrake light thing happened to me and turned out to be my rear right abs/speed sensor. you have to perform a weird procedure for a code to spit out in order to determine what you need to replace. here's the manual http://www.floptical.net/mazda/service_web/04-02.PDF

I got my extended O2 bung welded in for the downstream and my wide band welded in too. It looks like I got rid of the CEL.. I have the wideband o2 installed, but not wired. I haven't got the wiring harness through the firewall yet. Its got a connector on the end of it, so any advice would be appreciated. Looks like i need about an inch diameter hole to get the wire through..

I got my extended O2 bung welded in for the downstream and my wide band welded in too. It looks like I got rid of the CEL.. I have the wideband o2 installed, but not wired. I haven't got the wiring harness through the firewall yet. Its got a connector on the end of it, so any advice would be appreciated. Looks like i need about an inch diameter hole to get the wire through..
I used a pick and removed the wires from the plastic plug. Feed through fire wall and reassembled.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Back