What have you done to your MSP today?

I'm using it to turn the crank for the block on the stand, not going on my actual car hehe

Just got an eBay "GT2860RS". My friends WRX started knocking and needs a car to drive while it's getting repaired, so I made a deal with her. If she bought a turbo, she can drive it for one month while the wrx is down. It also has to be insured. And she's going to get some used tires for it. Its untuned right now running just the OE ecm. Boost is going down to, um, say, 5psi. If the thing even lasts for 6 months, I'm out no money for the turbo.

LOL, well now she's getting a new set of Kumho Ecsta ASTs instead of used tires. I told her used would be fine, but she insisted on getting new. I guess I'm going to get the engine out and rebuild it for her. I may even be able to get a clutch out of this, too.

Moved the msp around yeterday to its final spot the winter. Runs fine but smokes even when warm. Haven't unplugged the battery to test yet but it smells excessively rich. Prob from the vac leak last time I plugged it back in.
Also seems to have done through $5 in gas just idling in the driveway heh.

Forgot how hard that clutch was. P5 is sooo plush. Ill prob start pulling parts off for the p5 as ill have it for a while. Painted the headlights so they ready to swap to the msp later.

Almost almost tempted to pull all the turbo shyte and boost the p5 heh. Wonder if it would run stock boost no ems.

Turbo arrived today, but haven't been home to check it out. Still waiting on the gaskets and hardware. After getting a parts list together to forge her EJ205 totaling $2850 in parts and machine work, but not including my labor of ~40 hours, she decided against forging, against OE rebuilding, but rather replacement with a low-mileage used engine. I still got a turbo, hardware, gaskets and tires out of it by simply R&R'ing the engine. Still not a bad deal for either of us. I can have it out and running in ~8 hours I'd say, so if you look at it that way, $550 cost to her is less than $70 per hour which is well below the average shop rate locally. Plus she's got my car to use until the engine get's here and I get a change to swap it out. The used engine I found for her is complete including turbo and all accessories, so I told her to sell some of the extras she has to recoup some of the money. I've worked on Subaru's performing head gasket replacements and timing belts, but I've never R&R'd an engine. Book time is 6.1 hours, but I'm doing it in a garage without a lift or air! GASP!

So, how is everyone else and their MSP doing?

Oh, so like adding the Subaru lip to the lip of the Protg so you have a lip-lip.... So, now you have a side-side skirt... I should mount my 03.5 wing on my 03 wing so I can have a wing-wing! An 03.25 wing-wing!!!!

Yep, exactly... As for as the wing, not even close. Unlike all the rest of the msps who focus on power I happily accept my 170hp on a good day and focus on looks. I don't push my MSP, I baby it, Nd keep it clean. I focus on breaking necks not engines... Just a personal decision. ;)

hehe. that's cool. here's a tip tho, dont ride in someones fast protege lol. might change ur mind

Lol. So I've heard. I will soon. My boy has a forged engine in the works with some extra pep to it, I'm just waiting til its all done. well see how I feel afterwards. Lol.

Yep, exactly... As for as the wing, not even close. Unlike all the rest of the msps who focus on power I happily accept my 170hp on a good day and focus on looks. I don't push my MSP, I baby it, Nd keep it clean. I focus on breaking necks not engines... Just a personal decision. ;)

HATER!

It's ******* cold today. And I think it's going to be cold this weekend. And I've got to put my new turbo on. Today, I'll be going to have a custom oil feed line made or get an adapter.

hehe. that's cool. here's a tip tho, dont ride in someones fast protege lol. might change ur mind

Lol. "fast" protege. Lol

Also, LOL @ breaking necks with ricerish side skirt extensions (no hate). If you want to break necks you should put some huge gaudy vinyl designs on it. Fast and Furious like. (burnout)

Back