What have you done to your MS6 today?

i took apart my rear brakes today and found my grinding/squealing/caliper issue. my rotor is ****** on the backside. The front is all clean and smooth. the back is basically a solid piece of rust. its eating my brake pads at a funny angle, which is causing them to hang up and not sit flush.

and of course nobody stocks rotors for a speed6. new one will be in at 9am Tuesday, so i swapped out the brake pads for fresh ones and will swap the rotor as soon as i can.

Really? Pretty sure my local Napa store stocks them.... And there's only two speeds here!

nope. i checked Autozone, advance, napa, O'Reilly, and the dealer.

So, I installed the front set of of coilovers. I called it quits for the rears. Hopefully, I get a day off so I can get then on soon.

well... Ive had mine for 3 weeks.. it was stock with a MSCAI.saturday i put eibachs on it and a boost controller, today i uploaded a tune threw my new cobb ap, and ups just showed up with my turbin tech motor mount and shift plate bushings and pump internals. im still waiting on my gt3071, 38mm tail EWG and DNP manifold to show up along with my devils own direct port water/meth kit. the atp downpipe and my own fmic are sitting at home waiting. so hopefully ill get it all in this weekend.

Last edited:
I've had my rpm springs for TWO YEARS and have been to lazy to install/have someone install them for me haha

heck if you are just doing springs the rears take 30min, and the fronts probably an hour. i had a mechanic i know do mine since i didn't want to mess with a spring compressor, but he only charged me $100 to do springs and ball joints.

Wow, its been a little while since I've been around much. I noticed about 2 days ago that the car was starting slowly, and it took a few cranks, instead of starting right up like it always has. Then last night I went out to the garage to pull it out into the driveway for a summer tire swap ... clickclickclickclickclick... nothing. So it looks like I'm in need of a new battery.

I've done a little research, and I've found a ton of the usual opinions ("These are the best, don't use anything else!" / "2 of these died on me stay away!") and taking them all with a grain of salt, I'm sort of leaning towards DieHard. Anyone installed one of these in your Speed6? What size or model? Let me know if there is any other sage battery advice, keeping in mind I'm not going for a lightweight or expensive Optima, and looking for something commonly available in Toronto so I don't have to go too far after getting a jump.

Oh, what size is our OEM battery anyway? 40R? I read that the 'reverse' terminal Optima (I assume that's the "R" designation) fit better, is that something I'll have to worry about, or just get a 40R size of anything?

***edit: I've also seen people say they had a size 35R, so I'm going to measure tonight. Weird.

Last edited:
I measured my battery last night and it is 7" tall, 9" long, and 7" wide. That seems to be a little different than I have seen, but I just want something that will be a drop-in replacement, so I'm probably going to head to the store, yank mine out, and find a DieHard Gold to match. Results to come...

I went to Active Green + Ross, who I think bought out the automotive business from Sears in Canada, and carry the DieHard batteries. I had read good things about them, so I figured they would be a reasonable option, and there was a location close to home. It seems like the battery that was in my car might have been a replacement, because it was much smaller than the tray (like I said above it was about 7" x 9" x 7" and the tray was about 7.5" x 10.5" or so). I pulled it out, measured the tray size and the battery height, and ended up picking up a DieHard Gold 778DT model for about $120. I think these are made by Johnson Controls currently.

It was the biggest one they had in stock that would fit. No, I really don't need the dual terminals, but they have nice covers and tuck in just fine. I think this one puts out about 850CCA, so it should be more than adequate for the Toronto winters. I'll post a pic after I've done my spring cleaning in the engine bay, but it fit in nicely.

Last edited:
fixed up the rims that have my summer tires on, went to put them on and found out that my lock nuts are way too big for holes -_- anyone know where i can find locknuts that will fit, a cheaper pair than $60 for a set of 20?

Here's a quick pic of the new battery, and one after installation. Since my positive terminal clamp was getting loose (it looks like the previous owner did some electrical work and replaced the OEM with some cheap ones), I picked up a set of replacement clamps and installed them too. They look a little cleaner than before, but since they were only about $6 I might replace them again if I see something nicer down the road.

img0076nq.jpg

img0077de.jpg

Then I did a little bit of engine bay spring cleaning (just getting the worst of the winter junk off for now, I'll do it again in a few weeks with more detail). I installed 2 of the fancy bolts I picked up last year for the intercooler cover, which worked out nicely I think. Just a hex bolt with a dress up collar washer.

img0081fw.jpg

Back