What have you done to your MS3 today?

Decided on the new turbo today. Wasn't going to do this to myself, but was talked into it. I tell you there was a lot of arm twisting... haha. Guess I could let you guys know on which one. Going to go with a GTX2871R mated to a 0.82 AR exhaust housing. :).

Decided on the new turbo today. Wasn't going to do this to myself, but was talked into it. I tell you there was a lot of arm twisting... haha. Guess I could let you guys know on which one. Going to go with a GTX2871R mated to a 0.82 AR exhaust housing. :).
Here we go!
Nice choice BTW : )
What exhaust manifold for the ext wastegate?
let the good times roll (yippy)

Thank you. Talking with the company we figured with auto-crossing this would be the best choice. And mated to the .82 AR should result in the quickest spool.
Can't give away to much of the surprise. I'll just say the company I'm working with has been awesome!! Will post teaser pics once the build begins.

Thank you. Talking with the company we figured with auto-crossing this would be the best choice. And mated to the .82 AR should result in the quickest spool.
Can't give away to much of the surprise. I'll just say the company I'm working with has been awesome!! Will post teaser pics once the build begins.
damn right you will !!

Hey Mike,
Whats the advantage?
I might not lose the other style oil filter wrench? ha ha.
Considered adding the oil pressure sandwich plate and going to the ext. But thats the only reason i would do it...
Filter changes are way easier and it's a whole lot harder to damage a conventional filter. I tossed my cartridge filter a long time ago. I'm using the HP2009 K&N Mazda truck filter for more oil capacity.

Filter changes are way easier and it's a whole lot harder to damage a conventional filter. I tossed my cartridge filter a long time ago. I'm using the HP2009 K&N Mazda truck filter for more oil capacity.
More oil capacity is a very good thing in some cases. I dont mind the extra effort. But i will keep this in mind when i do the motor build.
Its just a matter of time really.
Thanks

Rolled up 45,000 miles on the way to work.
keep rubbing it in.
(lol2)
I just took mine off the insurance again again. about 87k
But i had almost 40k in the first two years, my drive to work is 11 miles btw.
Mike, what is your long term plans for your car? keep it forever, like me ?

keep rubbing it in.
(lol2)
I just took mine off the insurance again again. about 87k
But i had almost 40k in the first two years, my drive to work is 11 miles btw.
Mike, what is your long term plans for your car? keep it forever, like me ?
When I find a good vehicle, I do tend to keep it "forever". I've had my Ram for eight years now, the Speed for over seven years. We've had the 300C for almost ten years. They all run great and they're paid for. That's strong incentive to stand pat. My commute is < 8 miles. My wife will retire in December, so our total annual mileage will be 10,000 or so.

Ps i shoulda made the obvious joke.
" That is one hell of a commute "
Har! One of our staff has a commute of just under 100 miles (one-way) and we have someone starting Monday who'll be driving a hair over 100 miles/day one-way! Man, I could not handle a four-hour per day commute! Sometimes the fifteen minutes mine takes is too much :D

But why ?
I will buy your catch can your tint and some of your dents and scratches if you are serious
: (

It's my daily and I need better fuel economy. I also need something my wife can drive. I'm sad about it, but excited about the new ride (2015 Golf Sportwagen, TDI with dsg) I wish I could keep both, but can't afford it right now.

Going to try and sell it with all mods intact, but if that doesn't happen, you have dibs on the can.

Threw on a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S (225/40ZR 18 92Y) tires.
jealous!!
those are sweet tires.
i used to read tire reviews till i just settled for the cheaper stuff.
almost bought those last go round for the fronts in a 235 but picked the Direzzas.

wish i could load pics easier.
I have the turbo finally bolted in. With oil and coolant lines plumbed. I guess i am going to reinstall the egr valve for now and will add the flexible turbo inlet coupler this weekend. still i dont think it will run this season. but maybe ..

What do you think of the tires?
and what did you have before?
Tire are such an important tactile feature. Really can have a great affect for the driving exp.

Back