What have you done to your MS3 today?

Eh blew the dipstick at 385whp then the turbo s*** the bed, went back to a k04 and really don't miss it.

I've got my eyes on a dedicated toy to give me that tingly feeling down there

What have I done to my MS3 today, you ask? Well, I drove it to 250,000 miles. When I bought it new in October of 2006, I wondered how good it still would be with a quarter million miles on the odometer. Now I can say "quite good, with a real likelyhood of crossing 300,000". On the good side, it still looks good inside and out, and it runs and drives well. On the bad, the turbo smokes a little if I have to idle for a long time, and the original clutch occasionally will slip if I floor the gas suddenly in 5th or 6th gears while the tach is near the 3000 RPM torque peak. Even if I have to replace the turbo and clutch in a few months or a year (already know what that costs), I can't get a car this good and fast for that much money. So, I'll keep it.

What have I done to my MS3 today, you ask? Well, I drove it to 250,000 miles. When I bought it new in October of 2006, I wondered how good it still would be with a quarter million miles on the odometer. Now I can say "quite good, with a real likelyhood of crossing 300,000". On the good side, it still looks good inside and out, and it runs and drives well. On the bad, the turbo smokes a little if I have to idle for a long time, and the original clutch occasionally will slip if I floor the gas suddenly in 5th or 6th gears while the tach is near the 3000 RPM torque peak. Even if I have to replace the turbo and clutch in a few months or a year (already know what that costs), I can't get a car this good and fast for that much money. So, I'll keep it.

Pics or ban! :)

My 2007 MS3 just turned 100K. Except for an A/C compressor, I haven't replaced any parts other than consumables like oil filters, wiper blades and brake pads.

I am having an issue with my wastegate prematurely opening at 5psi. No fun. Seems to be a wiring issue, but I haven't been able to identify which wire. And it is intermittent, so it is hard to replicate consistently. I did buy a new wastegate solenoid, but haven't had the time to install it yet.

Pics or ban! :)

Pics of the car or odometer? When I tried to attach a pic, it asks me for a URL. No idea what to do with that!
To the point of another post, I've long wondered if it is the highest mileage MS3 in the world, and how to find out.

Pics of the car or odometer? When I tried to attach a pic, it asks me for a URL. No idea what to do with that!
To the point of another post, I've long wondered if it is the highest mileage MS3 in the world, and how to find out.
Get a PhotoBucket account, copy the pics up to it, then link the appropriate pic.

Get a PhotoBucket account, copy the pics up to it, then link the appropriate pic.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/MikeHTally/DSCF0206_zpse8009f4b.jpg

^That. Or an IMGUR account, either way.

I've been investing more time and money into products to enhance my factory paint work. After some paint correction and polishing/swirl removal, I've topped it with Chemical guys EZ Creme Glaze, Chemical Guys Jet Seal and finally Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

Heh, all 8 of mine (4 summers, 4 winters) have been flawless for over 5 years. I even got the winter ones used.

I swap tires too often and 2 of my TPMS were broken so I let them go with the RX8's I sold. Never looked back.

Hit 95,000 miles, so I changed the oil. Also installed a Stratified shift extender and a no-name Delrin knob for cold. I tried to lube by RSB bushings, but the zerk was broken on one bracket, and the other bracket was completely cracked, so I ordered a set of billet brackets from JBR.

It's a very nice piece. I'm running the TWM full replacement shifter, and I swapped from a JBR heavy spherical knob to the extender with a very lightweight knob. Shift effort with the new setup is about the same, maybe a touch higher, but feel is much better. Throws are longer, obviously, so I'm still getting used to that, and it seems like reverse is harder to find for some reason. I probably need adjust my cables again. I think my biggest complaint about the new setup is that the new 2" knob is too small. The JBR is 2.25", and I'd like something that size or larger.

It's been a while since I posted here. I just installed front Whiteline endlinks and JBR rsb. The car turns much quicker and the endlinks eliminate my swaybar preload. I should have done it long time ago.

Latest posts

Back