What have you done to your MS3 today?

28444_598881925604_194306683_342330.jpg

Painted the front emblem white, added the "illest" decal. Now to save up that grand for wheels to match lol.

didnt know this was becoming a trend. not too crazy about it. no offense

I just thought the sticker was funny, and it's vinyl so easy to take off if I get bored of it.

Yeah I've seen a few cars with the badges painted to match the body color and it works wonders on this car.

Pssst!

I'm pretty sure that is dropped. ;)

It looks about perfect to me height-wise (i.e., it still has some usable suspension travel)...

Perhaps, but it looks like stock height to me. It looks like my car which is riding stock suspension. Perhaps it is just the picture angle.

That's sweet. I'm used to everyone who has coil overs slamming their cars to the ground.

I chose MS springs because of the lack of drop and progressive spring rate. I could not survive with a slammed car in this city.

It actually looks really good on a PC monitor (I was on a small screen smart phone before). I was thinking about white rims, but I am not the most avid car cleaner. IE: brake dust would coat them because I'm lazy.

On a thread related topic, I drove past the dealership today and peered through the service bay windows. My tranny is still sitting on a work bench. UGH, hurry it up Mazda.

I pulled screws out of both tires on the driver's side & plugged the mofo's.

No, plugs are not dangerous.

Yes, they will outlast the tires.

I pulled screws out of both tires on the driver's side & plugged the mofo's.

No, plugs are not dangerous.

Yes, they will outlast the tires.

How are plugs not dangerous? Plugging tires immediately compromises the speed rating and reliability of the tire. It can also allow moisture to seep into the tire and dryrot the tire from the inside-out.

I've got a plug in mine too.....been there for about 10k miles now and still going strong. And had a plug in my Nittos on my MSP for almost the entire life of the tire. Seemed fine to me.

A plug by itself is not an acceptable repair.

The proper repair of a punctured tire requires a plug for the hole and a patch for the area inside the tire that surrounds the puncture hole. The repair material used – for example, a "combination patch and plug" repair – must seal the inner liner and fill the injury to be considered a permanent repair.

Punctures through the tread can be repaired if they are not too large, but punctures to the sidewall should not be repaired.

Tires must be removed from the rim to be properly inspected before being plugged and patched

No offense; it might not be acceptable to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, but obviously it works. (thumb) Though I will say, they pulled the tire from the rim prior to plugging it; but did NOT use a patch.

Last edited:
No offense; it might not be acceptable to you, but obviously it works. (thumb) Though I will say, they pulled the tire from the rim prior to plugging it; but did NOT use a patch.

I got that from the The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website.

Took the inlet, blow off valve and intake off and apart to make sure all was well for my trip back to Tulsa from New Mexico tomorrow! All in 1:40. Thank god that's over!

Latest posts

Back