What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Got the car washed, put my roof rack on, and installed my new Thule fairing. Thule recommends the 38" fairing but I got the 44", which fits very well and helps to cover the mounts. Here's hoping it doesn't get stolen like the spare tire on my wife's car was today. Low-quality pic:

IMG_20131123_173023_737.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fairing Orangutan!! Thanks for the head on shot. That really, really sucks about your wife's car. What kind is it anyway?

Took possession of my "new" to me '07 Sport this week. Spent part of yesterday with my "fine young son" cleaning and detailing, cleaned-up fairly well. Spent time today in the shop doing some maintenance. Oil and filter with Valvoline semi-synthetic and Wix filter, drained transmission and re-filled with Valvoline import ATF and Lucas additive. I love the fact that there is a drain plug on the automatic! Also replaced all of the "J" nuts for the lower engine cover, I now see why everyone complains about this! That is a lot of nuts to rust/strip. Got a great deal on a package of 25 at O'Reilly's for $5! Hope I won't need all of them. New wiper blades and took a cue from this forum to re-use the old rear wiper and just install a new rubber. We will see how it works! Also installed the low beam bulbs correctly, the wire bulb keepers were not hooked and the bulbs just sat there, no wonder they were "aimed" so poorly! Wonderful job by someone!! Looking forward to the inaugural road-trip over Thanksgiving to see how it performs on a long, 550 miles, drive. Thanks for all the tips. Dave

Just finished replacing the cabin filters, thanks to delsherif for the how-to! Saved me a lot of time. Also replaced the shift indicator bulb. Quite simple actually, unsnap the top plate, remove the light defuser and pull out the old bulb. Thanks to all who keep this site going! Dave

Got her all sparkling yesterday ready for the rain coming Thursday (argh).

On a side note, got my hawk pads, one right stoptech slotted rotor and guide pin boots. The other rotor should get here tomorrow, yay!

Just put new tires on... cheapo Chinese-made "Velozza VXW" tires- which are actually better feeling new than the crap Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 tires I had on there previously, even when they were new. I'm not expecting these to last long until I replace some bushings in the suspension and possibly figure out a way to fix the rear toe scrub issue that all our cars have, but next time I'll be sure to order my tires to NTB far in advance so I don't have to pick from the junk they keep in store.

Went to 225/45 down from 235/45-17 because of lack of store inventory. :(

I also got new tires, which were put on at PepBoys. Cooper Zeon RS3-As in 205/55/16 mounted, balanced, with road hazard warranty, and an alignment for $607. There's a mail-in rebate on the tires for a "Buy 3, Get 4th Free" right now, too, so my final total will be around $520.

I also got new tires, which were put on at PepBoys. Cooper Zeon RS3-As in 205/55/16 mounted, balanced, with road hazard warranty, and an alignment for $607. There's a mail-in rebate on the tires for a "Buy 3, Get 4th Free" right now, too, so my final total will be around $520.

Ouch. That a lot of coin for 16" tires.

Ouch. That a lot of coin for 16" tires.

Just the tires installed would've been $540, then minus the rebate to $450. It was about $90/tire plus installation and whatnot, which is the cheapest I could get around here without going to lower quality tires. I had my eyes set on some Continentals but they would've added substantially more to the price.

First add on!!!

This just in!! Was looking for one and bumped into members talking about a deal on ebay for $190 shipped. Thought it was a great deal and picked up my first mod! Pictures installed shortly!!

Last edited:
Just installed OEM front splash guards. Thinking of getting another pair and modifying them for the rear.

Latest posts

Back