What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Carbon fiber - dash kits from carid.com

I bought the multi color ‘type s 24in interior smart lighting kit’. It is Bluetooth enabled and control via mobile app.
How hard was the lighting install? I was thinking of doing the same thing. I was thinking of getting the 4 pack so I can put under footwell of back seat but didn’t know where to really mount it there.

Hi BrettLevy85,

Since I did only the front mounting above footwell, it is easy enough. There is enough space behind center unit to fish through the wiring. I tap to fuse box with fuse adapter (Add-A-Circuit Adapter - Mini ATM Apm blade)

I also can’t find the way to mount behind back seat too.

Original fuse is low-profile mini fuse but low profile mini adapter won’t insert all the way down due to clearance.

44255FAE-6E34-45C5-A94D-B77943F8E363.jpeg

Hi BrettLevy85,

Since I did only the front mounting above footwell, it is easy enough. There is enough space behind center unit to fish through the wiring. I tap to fuse box with fuse adapter (Add-A-Circuit Adapter - Mini ATM Apm blade)

I also can’t find the way to mount behind back seat too.

Original fuse is low-profile mini fuse but low profile mini adapter won’t insert all the way down due to clearance.

View attachment 222292
Thank you very much! Looks great. Nice and clean. Do you feel it would add a nice touch to the back or the front is just fine. I was also thinking of adding something of the type s line to the trunk to get more light back there and have it all link in.

Thank you very much! Looks great. Nice and clean. Do you feel it would add a nice touch to the back or the front is just fine. I was also thinking of adding something of the type s line to the trunk to get more light back there and have it all link in.
Here is reference to show how it looks on the back to give you some idea. Link

I love how mazda allows this!! Are there changelogs to tell you what the update does? Also where would I find the step by step to do this? I’m new do owning a Mazda and love it.
All what is needed (link to software and instructions) are in first and second post in this topic:
Note, that the software they attached is for North American cars.

3d MAXpider cargo mat installed, windshield replaced, Apple Carplay installed, firmware updated.

Replaced a blown power liftgate fuse yesterday. The fuse blew when I tried to open the frozen liftgate after a car wash, d'oh!

I also washed the car again because it's going to be really cold the next few days (which means the car will stay clean). I made sure to dry the door seals as much as I could this time! Haha

IMG_20200207_101005.jpg

Re-did my "fog lights on with ignition" mod. Thought my crimp job was bad, but turned out that one of the terminals for the relay was a bent wider making for a loose connection, so crimped it back to shape and all is good. At least now the wiring is soldered and shrinked properly. Yay!

Fog_Lights_030.JPG

And gave her a bath. All clean and nowhere to go. :cool:

2020-02-05_001.JPG

Much colder today than expected, so my old body didn't want to be outside. But I did get one thing done. :p

Parking_Brake_002.JPG

Parking_Brake_005.JPG

Parking_Brake_006.JPG

Back