What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Feels good, right? Those big, fat, squishy tread blocks work wonders to soften up the ride. You should notice a bit less precision in fast direction changes, too.

And no more slippin and sliddin.

Yep, I did notice that. Sacrifice for winter I guess.

No the tires actually performed fine, I had the dsc off and put way too much throttle on the u turn, went all the way left and as i recovered righ the back wheel bumped the left curb and pretty much ruined any recovery. Tire hadn't been replaced b/c I needed to do an alignment first. Which I have done now since that hit made it worse.

No the tires actually performed fine, I had the dsc off and put way too much throttle on the u turn, went all the way left and as i recovered righ the back wheel bumped the left curb and pretty much ruined any recovery. Tire hadn't been replaced b/c I needed to do an alignment first. Which I have done now since that hit made it worse.

Are you going to replace the rim or repair it? How do you feel about repairing rims?

I wrapped the mirrors today to cover up some scratches. I used gloss black metallic wrap and it came out pretty good after a couple tries.

39754908194_748800de0f_b.jpg

Are you going to replace the rim or repair it? How do you feel about repairing rims?

bought a new wheel off ebay. I recently got these wheels and only bought 4 when I usually buy 5. I dropped the bent one off today to get fixed, and then ill have a matching spare with a tire if I ever need it. IDk about cracked wheels, but I haven't had issues with straightened wheels.

Replaced my cabin air filter. Was $9 on Amazon, has the charcoal in it, and took all of 2 minutes to do.

Picking up some Mazda oil filters from local dealer.

Grabbing some $19 Castrol 0w20 oil at Walmart, grabbing some ramps, a drain pan, and new drain plug or whatever it's called. When I go to dealer will see what their Mazda Moly oil costs just out of curiosity. But $19 for a 5 qt of Castrol Edge seems good.

I am going to do my first ever oil change myself!

I have an absolutely tiny garage, so hoping I can make this work. Can't do it outside the garage. But hoping I can pull out some and have room I need.

Let's just call this putting my money where my mouth is. Lost lifetime free oil changes, said I would never give them business again, everyone else want's $60-$80 for an oil change. Screw that. This is spite.

Last edited:

(drinks)

Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for losing the free oil changes?

Owner of Mazda of Lakewood decided to call it quits, sold the dealer to McDonald Mazda. The deal was that all new cars that were purchased at Mazda of Lakewood got free lifetime oil changes. That did not continue after the sale. McDonald reopened the dealership in a new location a couple blocks down and it became McDonald Mazda West. Mostly the same service folks.

I complained loudly because I had actually gone to my scheduled service appointment at Mazda of Lakewood and when I got there the car lot was empty, and an employee came up to me told me what happened (sale) and told me they were closed and I had to reschedule with McDonald. I never got any notification about this closure/sale and that my appointment was therefore cancelled. I called McDonald, told them I want to reschedule. They said sure no problem, then "oh by the way, we are not honoring Mazda of Lakewood's lifetime free oil changes anymore, it'll be $59.99." I complained loudly because I took off work early to go to my appointment. They said fine, we'll give you 1 free change. I said ok thanks. Got my free oil change. 2 1/2 hours later got out of there. (pissed) I told them this is bad business to all their inherited Mazda of Lakewood customers and that I would be taking my future business elsewhere. They essentially said "don't care".

Got my last 2 oil changes at Groove Mazda because they are up the street from work, and MazdaUSA gave me 2 free oil change coupons when I complained about losing my perk. Now I've used those 2. Groove wants $66.99. Groove at least would get me in and out during my lunch break.

Checked some other shops, they want $79.99

No thank you. After of course the investment of tools, $19 for oil, $12 for the filter, $1 for a new drain plug gasket. $60-$80 or $32 to do it myself? Probably find cheaper Mazda filters online?

Spite.

Congrats McDonald and Mazda of Lakewood, in one move you got a not very savvy car person interested in doing their own stuff now. Their loss, I spent plenty of money with them too for other things. I actually really liked Mazda of Lakewood's service department. But yeah. It's a bad taste in my mouth the way it all went down.

Last edited:

Grabbing some $19 Castrol 0w20 oil at Walmart, grabbing some ramps, a drain pan, and new drain plug or whatever it's called. When I go to dealer will see what their Mazda Moly oil costs just out of curiosity. But $19 for a 5 qt of Castrol Edge seems good.

I have an absolutely tiny garage, so hoping I can make this work. Can't do it outside the garage. But hoping I can pull out some and have room I need.

Let's just call this putting my money where my mouth is. Lost lifetime free oil changes, said I would never give them business again, everyone else want's $60-$80 for an oil change. Screw that. This is spite.

CD- while its been quite sometime since I last changed my oil myself, I believe you also need a new crush washer to install along with the drain plug. Maybe that's what you meant, but I just want to make sure you have all the tools and parts you need when you start... or else you'll be a bit irked.

CD- while its been quite sometime since I last changed my oil myself, I believe you also need a new crush washer to install along with the drain plug. Maybe that's what you meant, but I just want to make sure you have all the tools and parts you need when you start... or else you'll be a bit irked.

Yes, that is what I meant, and I grabbed 5 of them when I picked up the filter.

This is for the 2.0 but its the same as the 2.5;

Back