What floor jack do you have?

i lift my msp by the frame rails at the front door and then place stands under the front and rear wheels on the side im lifting. since with the msp we are blessed by being able to lift both front and rear at the same time lol :p

I'm going to try the jack on the frame rails next time instead of the scissor jack. I just really wanted to be able to lift two wheels at the same time by using the front cross member.

i use a 3ton craftsman, not good for lowered car, but i just throw the tire i take off the car under it and the jack never has let any of our cars down a mm...

weve had it for 8+ years lol...

I've heard of people doing this, but I also heard of people doing this and it failing...I would rather not risk it and set it up on some jack stands with the jack still under it, I don't like my car falling, especially on me, so I take no chances ya know?

I use the small craftsman 2 1/4 ton because it's small enough to get under the car even though it's lowered.

i gotta craftsman, works fine, when i had 16's i just had my spare tire jack lifted it up a big to fit the craftsman underneath and i lifeted it from there

My el cheapo has lasted 10+ years so far...

True Story: I have to use the spare scissor jack to get the stock 350Z high enough to get the floor jack underneath... I don't thnk i could run over a gerbil in that car! ;)

Other people roll up on wooden boards to get clearance for the jack...

Dang dude, that's an expensive jack right there!!!

It has been used every day for 8-10 years and it still pumps just like it did when it was new. It really has been an awesome jack and well worth the money it has paid for its self by outlasting others that would have been bought and replaced during its life.

This is probably a dumb question but how are you guys able to pump the handle when the jack is under the front cross member?
I have the Torin jack linked above, although I think I have the 2.5 Tonne version, and I can get the jack in place under the front cross member but cannot pump the handle without hitting the bottom of the front bumper.
Basically there is no room to move the handle up and down.

I always end up resorting to my scissor jack and doing one tire at a time.

The only other way I can think of is driving up on a couple 2x6's.

Edit: This is on a Mazda3

I don't use the center of the front crossmember to jack my mazda 3. There is
a big bolt near each end of the crossmember where it attaches to the body. I roll the jack behind the rear wheels and lift with the jack pad under the body mounting bolt one side at a time. Jack one side and support the corner with a jack stand, move to the other side and repeat.

I have a HF racing jack, it works ok on the front as described above. It isn't as quick as on the P5 though.

Clifton

Last edited:
Back