What do you all think? Konig Retrack 16x7 (graphite/polished)

Eunos_Cosmo

:
1984 Mazda RX-7, 2012 Mazda2
Thinking about picking up a set of these for my true red 2.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...2012&pc=23425&counter=1&wd=16&rw=7&vid=020860

konret.grm.ang.jpg

Would 16's be too heavy? They are something like 15lbs, which doesn't sound too bad. I'm on steel wheels, so I'm sure those are just as heavy if not heavier.

I'm also not sure they have TPMS provisions, I can't find anything about it. I'd sure like to keep that feature. I'd probably go with 205/50/16 tires. I like a meaty tire. This combined with an H&R drop would leave my 2 looking pretty tough looking.

This is off topic, but does anyone know if the vinyl on the white and green car in this picture are available anywhere?
2009-Mazda-2Evil-Special-Mazda-Active2-Snow-Mazda-Active2-Surf.jpg

Thinking about picking up a set of these for my true red 2.

I'm diggin' them. Especially all in one color. Kind of a rally type wheel and similar to the Enkei RC-G4 wheel.

candy_teal_16x7_konig_retrack_jdm_clean_powder_coated_lots_of_pics_650_stockton_11505279.jpg
enkei_rcg4_large.jpg

Would 16's be too heavy? They are something like 15lbs, which doesn't sound too bad. I'm on steel wheels, so I'm sure those are just as heavy if not heavier. I'm also not sure they have TPMS provisions, I can't find anything about it. I'd sure like to keep that feature. I'd probably go with 205/50/16 tires. I like a meaty tire. This combined with an H&R drop would leave my 2 looking pretty tough looking.

15 pounds is pretty good for 16's in my opinion. Your 2 should look bad, as in good.

This is off topic, but does anyone know if the vinyl on the white and green car in this picture are available anywhere?

Pic didn't post.

Last edited:
i have never seen that vinyl but im sure any vinyl place will be able to replacate it. check with MAZDAMATIC he works for a vinyl car wrap place im sure he can help u out.

I think that vinyl is an option on the Canadian models or something. I was looking at Mazda Canada the other day and noticed that they have a TON of accessories that aren't available here, everything from wheels to spoilers. (There are like three models of wing available there!)

15lbs would kill your fuel economy and acceleration ..2nd gear is guttless enough already ..having said that those wheel would look bad ass on your m2

15lbs are light as hell IMO. Anything south of 20 is pretty good in my book.

That "little" 2 decal came standard on Yozora edition 2s. No idea if they were an option though.

our factory wheel and tire set up is over 30lbs. This wheel is the exact wheel and size i am going with. The tire combo I selected is a Conti ContactPro 205/45/16 DWS The lightest tire I could find..

15lbs would kill your fuel economy and acceleration ..2nd gear is guttless enough already ..having said that those wheel would look bad ass on your m2

I have 17's on my Mazda 2 and i still get 34.1 mpg. It's not that drastic a change. A few power upgrades will fix that 2nd gear. Just ask Andres. ;)

I have 17's on my Mazda 2 and i still get 34.1 mpg. It's not that drastic a change. A few power upgrades will fix that 2nd gear. Just ask Andres. ;)

really my m2 stock only gets 30mpg or as we say 7.9l per 100k,but i live on a small mountain so its up hill most of the time..wow 34mpg i find that hard to beleive ..what is the weight of these wheels they must be very light if it hasnt effected your fuel economy
considering most decent wheels that are 15" come in around the 9.6-11.lb range so 15lbs is way heavy period..most wheels im looking at are in the 9.6
yes i need to add some performance mods but this is a wheel thread lol

Last edited:
really my m2 stock only gets 30mpg or as we say 7.9l per 100k,but i live on a small mountain so its up hill most of the time..wow 34mpg i find that hard to beleive ..what is the weight of these wheels they must be very light if it hasnt effected your fuel economy
considering most decent wheels that are 15" come in around the 9.6-11.lb range so 15lbs is way heavy period..most wheels im looking at are in the 9.6
yes i need to add some performance mods but this is a wheel thread lol

What 15" wheels have you found that weigh 9.6lbs? My 2 gets 34mpg minimum. Hard driving mixed with city driving and highway driving. I doubt I could get less if I tried.

edit:

Quick search reveals that the factory steel wheels on the sport are ~16lbs and the alloys are a little more than that. So anything less is better :) Now I just have to find some super light tires...

Last edited:
Sidenote on the Yozora. They only came in black, and had that gigantic whaletail "standard".

It's essentially a gx(sport?) w/convienience package a summer set of wheels and a winter set of wheels on OEM steelies. Looked at one, but wanted the leather wrapped steering wheel.

really my m2 stock only gets 30mpg or as we say 7.9l per 100k, but i live on a small mountain so its up hill most of the time..wow 34mpg i find that hard to beleive ..what is the weight of these wheels they must be very light if it hasnt effected your fuel economy considering most decent wheels that are 15" come in around the 9.6-11.lb range so 15lbs is way heavy period..most wheels im looking at are in the 9.6 yes i need to add some performance mods but this is a wheel thread lol

I double checked and yes, I am getting 34.1 mpg. I do live in Miami and it's pretty much flat over here. So that helps. To be honest 15lbs is pretty good for a wheel. My 17's are around 18lbs each but I'm not too concerned with gas mileage and all that. Plus i prefer the look of a bigger wheel opposed to a small one.

Sidenote on the Yozora. They only came in black, and had that gigantic whaletail "standard".

It's essentially a gx(sport?) w/convienience package a summer set of wheels and a winter set of wheels on OEM steelies. Looked at one, but wanted the leather wrapped steering wheel.

GX is the base model.. GS is the model up...

So you are paying more than "Model Up" for Base Model features...

Back