What did you pay for your CX-50?

The info I saw said that they are standardizing a 2.5% mark-up (MSRP above invoice) across all models. For those that don't know, this is a tiny mark-up compared to most brands

$43789 for a Machine Grey Turbo Premium Plus. Included dealer installed wheel locks, tint, Door handle and edge guards, all-weather mats, and paint/fabric protection plan (whatever). Also got a $500 discount on the 10yr extended warranty, and 30% discount on an order for illuminated door sills, cargo mat and cover, rocker garnish trim, and hitch.

Ok ok...full disclosure. I know the dealership owner. :)

$43789 for a Machine Grey Turbo Premium Plus. Included dealer installed wheel locks, tint, Door handle and edge guards, all-weather mats, and paint/fabric protection plan (whatever). Also got a $500 discount on the 10yr extended warranty, and 30% discount on an order for illuminated door sills, cargo mat and cover, rocker garnish trim, and hitch.

Ok ok...full disclosure. I know the dealership owner. :)

Is that a good deal? What was MSRP? Was the $43789 an out the door price that includes all the add-ons, taxes and fees?

As luck has it I found 1 dealership with a 2023 CX-50 Premium Plus Turbo PolyMetal Gray with black interior in June that was allocated a delivery in August. I put down a 1K deposit and took delivery in early August. Because I pre-ordered in June I locked in the price before the recent price increase ($750), I basically paid full MSRP, here was the breakdown:

Car Price: $43,170.00
Accessories $343.90 (Cargo Tray, wheel locks, all-weather floor mats)
Admin Fee: 599.00 (This was the dealer prep fee)
Goverment fees: $41.90
Tax: $1874.80

Total Pre-tax: $44154.80
Total After-tax: $46029.60

This is the top trim CX-50, essentially I paid full MSRP, the dealership told me they were adding a market premium prior to June, but have stopped that recently. The dealership I purchased at pushed real hard to have me add an extended warranty and gap coverage, I had to threaten to walk out before they gave in on the pressure. The sales associate told me that when they sell at MSRP they are told not to let you walk without added coverage as the demand is so high they will just sell to the next person that walks in the door.

Lastly, I secured 2.49%/60mo financing through Sandia Lab FSCU an out of state bank, not sure how they offer so low given the recent rise in rates.

Is that a good deal? What was MSRP? Was the $43789 an out the door price that includes all the add-ons, taxes and fees?
I'm hoping that was OTD taxes and all. Otherwise he paid $43,789 for a car that the MSRP is $42,170., or $1,600 over MSRP, as those dealer addon have a value of about $399. $500 off an extended warranty is also not a deal, you can usually get their price down to $1,500 and can always shop other dealers for that. Add to that that the dealer added tint, door cup and edge guards, paint protection plan was at least $2,000, he did about okay, but nowhere near a 'deal' for knowing the owner. UNLESS, that was total OTD, all fees and taxes included. Then, yes, he did good

Just my $02

Last edited:
Anyone know if there are any Mazda loyalty incentives/rebates available currently?

Back