What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi All,

New to Mazda and glad this thread exists. Looking to buy a 2019 CX5 Touring FWD in Snowflake White for my daughter and wondering about pricing.
Currently, the best offer I have is:

$23,074 after dealer discounts and incentives
$512 license/registration
$122 doc processing/evr/tire fee
$2,019 tax
$25727 total

If anyone would care to weigh in on this deal, I'd appreciate your advice or experience. Thanks!

I don't know if you bought already, but I got that plus the preferred package (I'd recommend the preferred package) for 27k out the door. Preferred package is about $1500.

Looking to buy a 2019 white CX-5 Touring with the preferred package in GA. This is the best deal I've received:

MSRP: 29,820
Discounts: -4250
Selling price: 25,570
Loyalty: -750
Taxes: 1737
Fees:604
Total: $27,161

Looking for some feedback.. thanks!

Hi Everyone, looking to pull the trigger before end of the year. Playing the email game for prices now. In the Baltimore/DC area, what's this look like?

Black/Black AWD 2019 Grand Touring no package

MSRP - $32,490.00
Adjusted Sales Price - $28,553.00
Doc fee - $300.00
Taxes - $1,791.81
Registration, Tags, & Titling Fees (non-taxable) - $346.00

OTD: $30,990.00

Includes 2 years of maintenance and 25% of all accessories for life

Had some offers that were close but that's been the best couple hundred after hearing back from 6-7ish places. Was hoping to get OTD under 30 and my trade-in probably gets me there.

Willing to play the wait until the end of December game if folks think you'll save substantially (this a super privileged statement but waiting a few weeks to *maybe* save a hundred bucks isn't worth the hassle to me)

I am specifically interested in percent off MSRP before any manufacturer incentives (ie. what is the dealer discount).

I was told by a local dealer here in the NW that he cannot go below employee pricing (which is about 8% off MSRP apparently on the CX-5 GT, before any incentives).

We got such a good lease deal on a '19 CX-9 GT last month that I'm looking into replacing my aging BMW with a '19 CX-5 GT. I would appreciate any input from owners regarding what percentage of MSRP off they were able to achieve before incentives. Has anyone been able to obtain 10-12% off MSRP before incentives on the remaining '19's?

I am specifically interested in percent off MSRP before any manufacturer incentives (ie. what is the dealer discount).

I was told by a local dealer here in the NW that he cannot go below employee pricing (which is about 8% off MSRP apparently on the CX-5 GT, before any incentives).

We got such a good lease deal on a '19 CX-9 GT last month that I'm looking into replacing my aging BMW with a '19 CX-5 GT. I would appreciate any input from owners regarding what percentage of MSRP off they were able to achieve before incentives. Has anyone been able to obtain 10-12% off MSRP before incentives on the remaining '19's?

I got 8.8% off before any incentives on a GTR 2 months ago. That was before there were any 2020's on the lots. I just made them an offer lower than what they quoted & they took it.

Also ... KBB's "fair price" was $29,138 and Edmund's TMV was $29,410. So, I had thought my deal was competitive based on the numbers I had researched.

Hello I'm new here and in the market for a cx-5 also. But I'm completely new to the game still trying to decipher the lingo. So KBB and Edmund's pricing is that OTD or before T/T? I see that price on there too and I donno whether I should put at as OTD quote for my emails or is that number not too realistic for an AWD Grand Touring 2019? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
hi there. did he say the employee pricing is OTD or is it plus T/T too? They told me they can do 2k below invoice plus T/T for 2020 cx5 GT AWD no P/P. So by that same math the 2019 equivalent should come out to be just a hair below 29-30k does that sound about right or am I off? This is such a big headache (eek2) All input welcomed!

hi there. did he say the employee pricing is OTD or is it plus T/T too? They told me they can do 2k below invoice plus T/T for 2020 cx5 GT AWD no P/P. So by that same math the 2019 equivalent should come out to be just a hair below 29-30k does that sound about right or am I off? This is such a big headache (eek2) All input welcomed!

If you look back through this thread, numbers are all over the place & difficult to compare on how people arrive at OTD. Best way to compare is to itemize the deal as:

MSRP - dealer discount - customer cash (if any) - Mazda loyalty (if qualified) + doc/title/dealer fees + tax.

The doc/title/dealer fees + tax can really skew the OTD depending on what the dealer tries to charge for those & what your state tax rates are.
I don't care what the dealers call them, I ignore what they claim to be "employee pricing/invoice" etc. I also found the pricing info shared in this thread to be way more valuable than KBB/Edmunds/etc.
Get numerous quotes, compare apples to apples by itemizing the deals as describe above. That's how I requested my quotes & if the dealer didn't price it that way I wrote them off. Once I had their offers, I made my offer. Don't hesitate to low ball. The worst they can do is say no. Once I made my offer I did not hear from most of them again. My local dealer accepted my offer the same day.

If you look back through this thread, numbers are all over the place & difficult to compare on how people arrive at OTD. Best way to compare is to itemize the deal as:

MSRP - dealer discount - customer cash (if any) - Mazda loyalty (if qualified) + doc/title/dealer fees + tax.

The doc/title/dealer fees + tax can really skew the OTD depending on what the dealer tries to charge for those & what your state tax rates are.
I don't care what the dealers call them, I ignore what they claim to be "employee pricing/invoice" etc. I also found the pricing info shared in this thread to be way more valuable than KBB/Edmunds/etc.
Get numerous quotes, compare apples to apples by itemizing the deals as describe above. That's how I requested my quotes & if the dealer didn't price it that way I wrote them off. Once I had their offers, I made my offer. Don't hesitate to low ball. The worst they can do is say no. Once I made my offer I did not hear from most of them again. My local dealer accepted my offer the same day.

Yesterday, after emailing dealers, a dealer from VA contacted a dealer in Goldsboro NC about my offer, who then contacted me and said she could sell me a 2019 cx5 gt with pp for $28500 out the door. MSRP was $32715. I had the car delivered to my home last night and the deal is done.

Yes, hes BSn you! Mazdas employee pricing is the worst in the business. Numerous people have gotten above it, in fact, the post above yours is just what youre looking for, and theres better deals than that out there.

We said, Meow_man.

IFIFY:

MSRP(incl. delivery) $
+dealer add-ons $
- dealer discount $
- customer cash (if any) $
- Mazda incentives qualified $
= Vehicle sale price $
+ doc/title/licensing $
+ dealer fees $
+ tax $
= OTD. $

Last edited:
Hi all,

My first post is about my 2019 GT-R in Soul Red Crystal, which I've had for 3 days now. This is also my first Mazda.

MSRP $ 36,510
Mazda incentive -$ 1,000
Dealer discount -$ 2,826
Subtotal $ 32,684 (10.5% below MSRP)
TTL/conveyance $ 2,804
-----------------------------------------------------
OTD $ 35,488

Would've liked to do this for 35 even, but it's close enough. Any reservations disappeared about 6 seconds after driving it away.

Hi all,

My first post is about my 2019 GT-R in Soul Red Crystal, which I've had for 3 days now. This is also my first Mazda.

MSRP $ 36,510
Mazda incentive -$ 1,000
Dealer discount -$ 2,826
Subtotal $ 32,684 (10.5% below MSRP)
TTL/conveyance $ 2,804
-----------------------------------------------------
OTD $ 35,488

Would've liked to do this for 35 even, but it's close enough. Any reservations disappeared about 6 seconds after driving it away.

You did well.

For people in california:

Got a quote for the 2020 AWD Cx-5 Touring + Premium package

$28k + taxes/fees (about $30k OTD in CA Bay area, its around +11% in the end...)

The 2019 version is getting me quotes of $26k for the same set up, MSRP is around $30k for both ($28k/$29k + $1.3k premium package). this is because of that $1,500 Mazda rebate for the last bit of the month. Im probably buying a 2019 within a week or two

Last edited:
San Francisco Bay area.
Purchase date 12/01/2019
2019 Grand Touring AWD 2.5L, machine grey, premium package.
MSRP 34115 including delivery
Out of door 31500.
Cash payment.
Current Mazda owner.

Not a very good deal though. But still happy with it.

Which dealership? I'm considering the AWD Touring + premium package and got quotes for OTD around 28-29K. Would be interested in upgrading to GT for only 31500....

Back