What did you pay for your CX-5?

Yeah, that's how I felt too, plus I didn't like the added chrome to the exterior. I really hate the look of the '17 personally.

Ultimately, I agree with the previous posters. I don't know anything about Costa Rica weather, roads, etc. So ultimately, look at the feature sheet and look at which will match better with what you are looking for and need.

Hey! Ty for the replys. We love Joel Campbell too. HAHA. Also we love Keylor Navas.
In San Jos we are like 1 hour away to the Pacific and 1.5 hours away from the Caribbean Sea, so, yeah, we are really close to rural roads but I live in San Jos, and San Jos is a regular City, roads are not an issue (traffic jams are).
I know the 2017 version is better in some things, but my decision is strictly on looks and the $6k difference on price. I like the CX-5 2016.5 and also like the 2017. Its more like I have the NEW version over the I have the old version.
CX-5 2017 will come to Costa Rica around July-September, so I cant test drive until that time. I test the 2016.5 and love it, i guess it should be the same with 2017. The thing is they are offering the $36.000 deal until next week. If I didnt go for it, it will come back to regular price ($40.000) and I make the reservation on the last one with the color I want, deep cristal blue. I dont know if everything is the salesman speech but I'm afraid it can be true.
PS: Sorry for my bad english, not my main language.

I got my Sport MT for $3300 off the MSRP by using the Costco car buying program. $1800 with Costco, plus $1500 off with Mazda incentive. Transaction was simple and relatively stress free.

Pardon my misunderstanding here, but is this saying that $1000 customer cash can be done through the end April, but the cars from which you pick can't be anything that arrived on the lot after 3/31?

"Offer valid to 4/30/17...Must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 3/31/17."

That's looks like a typo. No... Must take delivery means must get the car by then. So the deal is available in April....If you pickup the car in March? Makes no sense.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You should test drive both - think the 17 is more upscale and premium, both have something going for themselves.

I think you can do a 5% on 17 - but if its the most popular trim and color choice - no noooooooo. Luck is the big factor, as long as you have a car to drive around and wait you can do good.

I'm at a SoCal dealer waiting for a sales guy, which I wouldn't initially do except for the fact that I've never driven the 16.5 (or previous), but they just got a black 2017 on the lot today, so I'm gonna test both of them. By the way, the black one looks quite excellent...I'll report back...

Looking at a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring Base model (no Boise or Moonroof). Best offer is currently $24,800 out the door with Mazda standard financing. This comes to a sales price of about $22,850. Is this a good price? I know the 17's are showing up at the dealership in a few weeks and I'm wondering if it would be better to wait.

Considering a Sport is $21,795 MSRP I'd say that's a great price.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looking at a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring Base model (no Boise or Moonroof). Best offer is currently $24,800 out the door with Mazda standard financing. This comes to a sales price of about $22,850. Is this a good price? I know the 17's are showing up at the dealership in a few weeks and I'm wondering if it would be better to wait.
At that price point it is not easy to do better.
If dealer is close to you, great. Else see if a closer dealership will match it. Dealer relationship is more important for Mazda. Pay $200 extra now but build a rapport, else you will be sad during recalls n maintenance.

I went to test drive the '17 today, and the Premium package on the GT I drove is $1830

Any indications on where they would be in terms of pricing? I went to test drive a GT with Premium Pkg and the guy wanted a $3k premium since it was the first one in the area. Fair enough, since people might pay it.

He said any other inbound ones would be at sticker. Not sure if that's reasonable but I think they'll sell quickly so it might not be unreasonable if I tack on some of the incentives.

Here's what it comes down to. We love the newly designed 2017, but we were just quoted sales price of $27,000 for a base model touring. That doesn't include TTL. Out the Door pricing would be close to $29,500
We can go right now and purchase a 2016.5 base model touring for $22,200. Out the door, we are looking at $24,500.

Is the 2017 worth a $5,000 premium?

Here's what it comes down to. We love the newly designed 2017, but we were just quoted sales price of $27,000 for a base model touring. That doesn't include TTL. Out the Door pricing would be close to $29,500
We can go right now and purchase a 2016.5 base model touring for $22,200. Out the door, we are looking at $24,500.

This is exactly the question I have, I'm leaning toward the 2016.5, but waiting to test drive the 2017 to see if it is $5,000 better!

I think it depends on what you value more. Having the latest and greatest or an extra $5000 in your pocket. This is the exact question we faced a couple months back and ended up buying a 2016.5......I can do a lot with $5000.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There's a lot to like on the 2017, rear AC vents, reclining back seats, better looking interior, leatherette seats vs. cloth, updated exterior, savings on depreciation over the 2016.5.

Wish my finance background would help me value the two!

What you are quoting beats the price I got by $ 700 and let me tell you, the deal I got kicks ass even today ! I got mine in August. So you are one of the best disco. getters on here.
If i were you, I would test drive both - problem here is no dealer will let you take 17 home for extended test drive. I was sold only after an extended test drive.

If you like 17 a lot and can wait a bit - test drive overnight, the difference will be 2-3K USD in few months (you may not even get a 16.5 in few months) and you can decide if it is worth it.
If you cannot wait - 5000 is no ways unless the touring has some features you absolutely love.

What I love about 17s is the way the packages are designed - you get so many more choices. I wanted tech without moon roof - i could not in 16.5.

If I were you, and i liked 17s look from the outside and inside (which I dont) - I would wait for a bit and get 17 touring with a sensible package for about 27 OTD. That would be worth it.

Also note that 5000 difference is just because you are getting a great deal ATM. I dont think in two weeks it would be that easy to get the same numbers working. Unless the dealer is in exact same situation.
Its more of a $3500 - 4000 difference in reality.

All of this is to be expected. A new, desirable model at a premium vs the older model "on sale." List price, iirc, is almost the same but for the package variations.

I'd expect deals on 16.5s to get better not worse in coming weeks/months. I may take a stab at one..got a ~9% deal about a month ago before incentives so figure if that grows to 15% or so ttl disc. with incentives on an awd gt it'll be pretty tough to resist

Back