What did you pay for your CX-30?

2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium, Polymetal Gray
Purchased April 30, 2021
MSRP: $33,625
Selling price: $32,018
Accessories: $807.74 (high-wall mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, sport pedals, rear bumper guard)
Price before TTL: $32,825.74
Tax and filing fees: $1,337.24
Subtotal: $34,162.98
Price OTD with loyalty rebate: $33,412.98

Last edited:
Purchased on 4/17/21
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus / Soul Red with White seat
MSRP: $35,720 plus Bumper Guard $100
No trade in/ loyalty bonus or finance discount.
Sale price $33,180
We are in MD, OTD $36,000

Attachments

• -5804193880122733046.jpg
    -5804193880122733046.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 376
Just transferred the funds, expected delivery: June, 26th ;)

2021 CX-30 GT Plus w/ Style (matrix LED) 2.0 186HP FWD AT

Base price: 32.945 USD
Extras: 3.807 USD
Total: 36.752 USD
Discount: 4.131 USD
Curb price: 32.620 USD

Soul Red 728 USD
Navigation for EU 665 USD
Velour floor mats 94 USD
Secret bolts 80 USD
Extended 5-yr warranty 292 USD
Alarm system in the key? 353 USD
Rubber mat for baggage compartment 130 USD
Document case 13 USD
Wireless charging 270 USD
Cargo net 72 USD
Full-size spare tyre 862 USD
Car Play/Android auto 250 USD

1 year full insurance 1.870 USD
1 year toll pass 60 USD
1 year mandatory insurance 190 USD
Registration 220 USD

note: this is within EU, prices listed in USD before tax (i have no clue about MSRP etc :))

No remorse from this buyer with regards to the automatic parking brake. It's really a non-issue for the majority of us.
I always use "Hold" function as well, so pressing 2 buttons instead of one really isn't an issue :) no remorse, only happy thoughts :p
OK, if I am being really honest, the wireless charging is kind of useless if you don't mount another tray within to hold your items, and would be utilized fully only with wireless Android Auto. Didn't really think that one through :D

We just got our CX-30 two weeks ago. Waited 3 weeks but paid MSRP. However, I think that it really depends on where you live. Even though availability is practically zero, there are enough dealers around here that they haven't risked charging more than other dealers.

Paid MSRP on a Preferred, plus a $500 Mazda loyalty rebate.

Honda dealers wanted +$2500 - +$5000 for an HRV; same with Kia dealers for a Seltos. (although some of this was "protection package", rather than straight "market adjustment".

Is buying a Mazda CX30 at MSRP a pipe dream and undoable in these times?
You gotta work the phones, and call as many dealers as possible and maybe you strike gold. But some dealers are more willing to negotiate the market adjustment if you are "local" - they actually want to sell their limited inventory to local residents rather than folks swooping in from out of town just for a deal.

Paid MSRP in Chicago for a CX-30 Select arriving in 2 weeks. Their first figure was 10% above MSRP, then $1k over MSRP + 2 protection packages (costing $1k each), then MSRP + 1 protection package. At that point we thanked them for their time and went to lunch. Called them back after lunch and said MSRP and we’ll give them a refundable deposit of $500 today. Sold!

Paid MSRP in Chicago for a CX-30 Select arriving in 2 weeks. Their first figure was 10% above MSRP, then $1k over MSRP + 2 protection packages (costing $1k each), then MSRP + 1 protection package. At that point we thanked them for their time and went to lunch. Called them back after lunch and said MSRP and we’ll give them a refundable deposit of $500 today. Sold!

Nice! Congrats on the purchase. What colour is your incoming CX-30?

Full disclosure, it’s my daughter’s. She chose the Deep Crystal Blue. It’s her first car as an adult, and it was a lot of fun coaching her through the search and negotiation process. It was on par with teaching her how to ride a bike 20 years ago.

And for those off you who just have to have the extended warranyy - offer about half of what they want to sell it to you for. Also, you can buy it anywhere, literally. Tell the FI manager you're going to pass for now and tell him you're going to call around other dealers. - Watch how quickly he comes back with a lower price in the warranty.

- this post was NOT intended to start a discussion on the value of the ext warranty, just advice on how to save money on purchasing it

I have to say that if the entire industry moved away from haggling, and you pay the listed price, like Tesla, I could get on board with it. So much easier.

In the market for a CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus AWD. Found a deal through Truecar $35,012 minus Mazda Loyalty and Military. Good deal? Also is the Premium Plus worth the extra $1k? Thanks!

In the market for a CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus AWD. Found a deal through Truecar $35,012 minus Mazda Loyalty and Military. Good deal? Also is the Premium Plus worth the extra $1k? Thanks!
How does that match up to MSRP? Getting a car @ MSRP these days is essentially a "good deal". I looked at HR-V and Seltos before I got my CX-30; those dealers wanted $2500-$5000 over MSRP.

And here in AZ the dealer was so proud to tell me that they don't have any markup. But then I had an insane conversation about his $3,200 'protection package" of which he said the dealer will not sell cars without it. He literally said....

"The accessories are required to keep the vehicles protected from the harsh weather and theft before they go to their new owners but we may be able to offset the cost of the accessories by discounting the vehicle a little for you so it would essentially be a workaround since accessories can't be removed plus you still get the benefits from having them."

Pretty well rehearsed, huh?

These are those items....

*Dealer installed items include but may exceed the following: Smart shield Paint and interior protection of $899, Window Tint of $799, Vehicle Theft Registration of $299, Dent and ding protection of $299, and 3 years of Prepaid Maintenance of $895.

When you say you paid MSRP was that including dealer fees and value fees or do they throw that on top? I have a dealer offering to know off a grand from MSRP but then they have $999 dealer fee and $600 MVM fee. Of course there are taxes and DMV fees also.

Just bought a base 2023 CX-30 S in Deep Crystal Blue Mica in Everett WA. Had to wait a couple weeks for it to be sent to the dealer, but it actually came in 10 days before they expected.

$24225 MSRP
Paid $22319 after $500 loyalty bonus
OTD was $25459
No add-ons or extras
No trade-in (Carmax gave much higher offer)
Financed a small part of the cost through Mazda 0.9% for 36 mo.

I bought a new CX-5 from this dealer about 2 years ago. They are part of the Costco Auto program (which we discussed during the process), but I think a got a better deal as they were willing to matching the best offer I had received from all the other dealers in the region. Glad I had it in writing (in a text), as when we got to the finance guy the numbers were high by about $1500!

Back