What did you guys pay for the MS6?

07 SP6 Grand Touring

Got mine for $4,750 below sticker. I think the mfg. rebate portion of that figure was 2,750.
Bought it 10 days ago.

i paid $29k out the door for an 06 sport in June of 06. i dont really know what that works out to be before taxes in florida, and some of these posts can be misleading because they dont include tax and what not.

Mine was a new (150 miles) 2006 Sport I bought in Sept 06 for $22,500 after $6k in rebates and incentives, but before TTL. I wanted and got Velocity Red and got them to add wheel locks and then the shock sensor for $150 more.

07 v4 5-door
tiptronic
18 inch RX-8 alloys(dealership put em on accidently, so I got em free)

and I got tiptronic, safety package(thanks mom) and uhhh chrome tailpipe

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at a 07 GT with navi, sirius, moonroof, auto dim mirror. Does anyone know what I should aim for out the door on this thing?? I know that they have not exactly been flying off the show room floor but I want to make sure that I get the best deal possible. Also does anyone know if Mazda corporate is offering dealers any supplemental rebates other than the customer cash listed on the web site?

07 v4 5-door
tiptronic
18 inch RX-8 alloyws(dealership put em on accidently, so I got em free)

1) mazda does not make a v4...infact i can't think of any manufacturer that does....

2) this thread is in regards to the ms6, not the base 6.

Just bought my new '07 MS6 Sport, Velocity Red Mica. 22,500. Also got lifetime oil changes and all-weather mats for free.

I am looking at a 07 GT with navi, sirius, moonroof, auto dim mirror. Does anyone know what I should aim for out the door on this thing?? I know that they have not exactly been flying off the show room floor but I want to make sure that I get the best deal possible. Also does anyone know if Mazda corporate is offering dealers any supplemental rebates other than the customer cash listed on the web site?

I paid just under $24k for my 06' Speed6 GT when it was relatively new and getting good reviews. It did not have Navi or Sirius though. All the other options were included though.

First, do all your online homework and know (a) what you must have and what you want to have, (b) the INVOICE price (not list) for the car, and (c) online prices for any options you want to have. I wouldn't skip the Navi or MoonRoof, but the AutoDim and Sirius are both easy installs you can do yourself (you can do it all in a few hours, and they include step-by-step instructions).

Second, find all the incentives on the car from Mazda so you know how much money can be taken off the dealer's price. Try to find both customer AND dealer incentives. So you know what they are NOT showing you. If they get money back (most likely) then they're more likely to sell at a "loss" and pick up the incentive to make up for it.

Third, use the online tools and request an internet quotation in your area. Specify all the options you want (must haves vs wants). Many dealers will come in low to move a unit, and you'll get 2-5 competitive quotes quickly. (Note: these will include the incentives.)

Find out the FAIR price for your trade-in (if applicable). Kelly Blue-book it online (write down the various ranges too), take it to Car-Max (you can use them as a backup if the dealer low-balls you), etc.

Finally, use the quotes as a reference to find out if/how the incentives, invoice info and other items add up. Understand how much dealers are making / losing and try to use this to your advantage. Now that you're informed, and not making an impulse buy, the dealer will have a hard time negotiating things their way.

Also, don't ever include your trade-in until you have an initial price/deal, and make sure you DOUBLE check all the finance paperwork LINE BY LINE against your figures. The sales guys are salmons compared to these sharks. Everything should match what you agreed to.

There are plenty of online guides out there to help you shop, so do some research there too. The online quotes are by far the best thing to happen to car-buying consumers in a while.

#1 rule... don't rush through any of the steps.

Happy car buying. (boom08)

Purchased in May 2007. Brand new (41 miles) 2006 GT with: auto-dim compass mirror/ moonroof/ nav/ sirius/ wheel locks/ MS CAI ... MSRP: $34,305 ... Purchase price: $25,731 before TT&L.

Last edited:
'06 GT everything but the NAV

$19,250
9886 mi. Loaded with everything but the navigation system. I love it!

Last edited:
2006 GT in Black Mica, 12,000 miles. No upgrades that I am aware of (not even wheel locks!), but honestly with the GT there is not much else you can add.

I paid $19,994. I don't think the dealer realized it was a GT and not a Sport (Chevy dealer). They even listed it as a Sport. With a moonroof. It has no moonroof. Worked for me as it was listed at a lower price than it should have been. Whee!

2007 MS6 Sport Liquid Platinum w/ 21 miles no upgrades for $22,300 before T&L. Was trying to haggle a nice Black Cherry GT down to ~$23k but no dice on that...

Last edited:
2007 Liquid Platinum Sport, MSRP of 28,590 and I got it for 23,700. I got it on Friday the 29th of December and really love the car, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I bought a used 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 GT from a dealer in Lakeworth, Florida in November 2007. The car has the 2-tone black/white leather seats, no nav, no sunroof, titanium gray metallic with 27K miles. 17,999.00, brought it to 19,178.00 with tax,tags,title. They have a black cherry MS6 sitting on the lot for the same price with around 15K miles. PM me if you want the 411.

Back