What did Mazda do to Fix Squeeky Shocks and Whistling Windshield???

PaulMP3

Contributor
:
Turbo MP3 #222, 00 Silverado Z71
Im taking my car in on monday for service and i wanted to to know what everyone that had these problems got done to fix them?? Thanks for the help.

yeah i have noticed recently that there is a squeaking noise that is really loud when i make tight turns and go over bumps. It is really annoying? should i take it back up to mazda? is it the strut bar? and my windshield whistles its horrible everything rattles in my car even something under my dash right near the middle ac vents do any of yall have that?

thanks
Nick

when i hit a bump in the road it seems theres the spare isnt tied down like something bumpem around anyone know what it is

TAKE IT BACK...TAKE IT BACK
the dealership should fix it....if not kill em...hehehe...that squeak is so annoyin, no one can deal wiht it...
as for the thump sound....havent figured out what that is yet

The loose spare tire sound for me was the bushings. Once replaced, everything was fine. Racing Beat did NOT supply the bushings for the MP3. Mazda did. The is warranty work folks. Bring it back.

The squeak noise in the back should only happen when it's cold. This is due to the type of suspension/shocks the mp3 has. Ask anyone that has added an aftermarket suspension to their civic or anything really, and they will probably confirm the same noises on theirs as well. Even a stock RSX does this as well.

The rattle in the door, if you have one can be fixed by taking the door panel off and putting it back on RIGHT! If it's not aligned properly, it rattles. Make sure it's tight too. I never had this rattle, but this is what someone told me.

It's not uncommon for ANY car to have rattles once it gets colder outside. We call them cold rattles here. They seem even more common on sportier cars. Once it warms up, they go away.

Personally, outside of the bushings being cold in the morning, the car is perfectly silent as it should be. Sometimes when it's REALLY COLD, there may be a cold rattle. Car warms up, rattle goes away.

I also have the squeeky bushing but only when it's very cold. But I have only 1500 km on my MP3, maybe it will be worst when I'll get more km on it?

I also had the bump sound but it was the subwhoofer that was to slack. Everything else just work fine!

Attachments

• PICT0094.JPG
    PICT0094.JPG
    758.6 KB · Views: 58
  • PICT0089.JPG
    PICT0089.JPG
    833.9 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0093.JPG
    PICT0093.JPG
    820.9 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT0087.JPG
    PICT0087.JPG
    786.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT0088.JPG
    PICT0088.JPG
    803.3 KB · Views: 63
I just posted a message titled "CLUNK" Problem Solved (in general discussion) which addresses this issue. Hope it helps you guys. That s*** was driving me crazy! :mad: :confused: :D

You MP3 owners are so lucky for your warrantee. You get all these little things fixed for free. My integra's warantee has be out for a while and all those squeaking things that you are complaining about add up to alot of annoying little costs. Take advantage of your warrantee now before it expires.

Has Mazda actually fix anybodies squeek from the shocks, mine does that as well. If someone has actually got the clunk fixed and the squeek fixed, it would be nice for all of us to have the story line that you told the dealer to have them fix it.

i got my car back from the dealer tonight they said they couldnt get the car to duplicate the sound. i took the tech for a ride and i couldnt either. im taking it back on the 7th so the can replace my gear sycroniser. so hopefully it will be colder then so they will squeek.

Back