What brand wax?

Have you tried paste polymer yet?

any specific brand because I used Meguiars NXt 2.0 paste

The acid rain goes right through it like it is not even there. That stuff is crap even though it makes the vehicle look great. I stripped it and put 2 layers of Mothers pure carnuba and I am fine now

Go to anyplace selling paste waxes and look for polymer. As I said before polymers do not create a sticky film to prevent muck from touching the paint when it sticks to the car. They make the surface too slick for anything to stick at all.

Make sure it says it's a polymer, and not just a shine restorer or protectant or something like that.

Polymers also don't need to be stripped like wax.

I used the NuFinish last week. Drove 600 miles on a road trip, averaged 21mpg by the way, and passed through a thunderstorm. CX9 still shiny and clean looking. The NuFinish is slick to the touch almost to the point of being greasy. Nothing sticks, that's for sure. Good tip, SportOwner.

That's why I prefer polymers to wax. Wax is just a barrier between the paint and anything that sticks. Polymers prevent the sticking in the first place and don't build up like wax.

This is what I did to our cars this year:

1. Wash & dry (Meguire's Gold)
2. Wipe kerosene all over painted surfaces. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
3. Wash & dry (Ajax dishwashing liquid)
4. Clay bar(Meguire's)
5. Cleaner Wax (Meguire's)
6. Wash & dry (Meguire's Gold)
7. Carnauba wax (Meguire's)
8. Rain-X on glass

That's why I prefer polymers to wax. Wax is just a barrier between the paint and anything that sticks. Polymers prevent the sticking in the first place and don't build up like wax.

I know nothing will eliminate them, but will this help prevent/minimize fingerprints on the paint? My new shiny stormy blue mica CX9 GT shows fingerprints like crazy and with a 3 and 5 yr old there are plenty to go around! Bugs the hell out of me. It's only a few weeks old. Do I need to wait a certain period of time before waxing or can it be done now? Thanks.

I was a big fan of Gold Class, but now I use a 3-step for a serious shine:

1 - clay bar
2 - Klasse All-in-one
3 - Klasse sealant glaze

You can pick it up as a kit from most of the major detailing sites, and the stuff is fantastic.

The waxes here (along with other products on the other pages) come highly recommended from Driven Auto Detail in Indianpolis (yes, he uses these products in his own business). They run a little pricier (a wax for $199?! WOW) than typical consumer marketed products, but their spray detailer (once diluted) is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, and can also be used for a hose-less wash.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Wax-C16/

Back