Wet Driver's side floor! A Pillar seems to be leaking. Sunroof Drain tubes?

Hi, Folks,

I have a 2010 CX-7 that just randomly started having a wet driver's side floor/mat. I've had the car for 10 years and never an issue yet. I think water is coming down the inside of the A pillar. See pics:

20211024_133733[1].jpg

20211024_133730[1].jpg

Any advice here? I have heard that blowing some low-pressure air down the sunroof vents might solve this. I have also heard that there could be bigger problems, like the seal around the windshield, etc.

I am about to sell this thing in a few weeks as soon as I take delivery of my 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, and just want it to be good for the next owner. Any helps is extremely appreciated!

Well.... even though it is pouring rain, I just went out there with an umbrella and cracked the sunny. Tons of water in the drivers side pooling up in the little trough. Used keyboard cleaner down the drain tube, gave it a little blast, and then all the water drained out.

Fingers crossed this is the fix, but I will monitor and make another post later on to try and help anyone else who might stumble across this.

Quick update - Unclogging the driver's side sunroof drain fixed the issue of the wet driver's side floor. Also cleaned out tons of thick black goop from inside the sunroof. Hopefully this helps someone.

Now I await my fully optioned 2022 Ford Maverick's arrival and prepare to sell the CX-7, which I absolutely loved and it was the most reliable car I've ever owned. I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for Mazda.

Cheers, folks.

Back