Weird gringing noise on engine load

erikmanx

mazdaism
Contributor
:
2017 CX-5 AWD T
Hey all, I was wondering if any of you out there have had the same issue as me. When I am putting load on the engine around 2-4.5k RPM, I will hear a weird gringing noise coming(I believe) from the engine or the tranny. When I took the car to the dealership they said my tranny is ok, and they don't know what the problem is, or what is producing the noise. All I know is that the noise started about 4 months ago and has been getting worse in the last few weeks. Anyways, just wondering if any of you had experienced the same issue?

Its actually more of a clicking type noise I hear emitting from the passenger side (sitting in the passenger seat with the window down, its RIGHT THERE), and it sounds to me its on the passenger side of the motor (I was thinking something in the timing assembly) What side of the vehicle is the tranny on this car? (It could be a noisy release bearing in the clutch assembly, which is an easy fix) Where is the timing assembly? (it could be a pulley or something to that effect). Apparently the car is at the dealership getting looked at under warranty (Im eriks good friend, so I have to deal with his whiney ass when he doesnt have his car lol). Doesnt anyone have anything to offer in advice or anything?

Back