Weight of OEM 19" rims on '19 GT-R?

rockethead26

2019 CX-5 Reserve
:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
Hi all,

I've been searching Google and Mazdas247 for the answer to this question, but having no luck. I'm sure I read a post by someone in the recent past contemplating new rims/tires that was doing a comparo with the OEM rims, but no luck. This is the 19x7.5 rim.

Looking to change both wheels and tires on my CX-5 in a couple of months and know what I want, I just want to see how much weight I'll be adding over OEM.

Any numbers to share? I can only find rim offset, bolt patterns etc, but no weight.

Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
I finally found one reference at allusedrims.com that states the weight as 40 lbs. Probably accurate, but I'll keep looking to corroborate it.

I finally found one reference at allusedrims.com that states the weight as 40 lbs. Probably accurate, but I'll keep looking to corroborate it.

The OEM 19" wheel is definitely not 40lbs. The OEM 20x8.5" wheel for the CX-9, which has a similar design, is 39.55 lbs.

This post suggests that the OEM 19" wheel weighs 31.1 lbs.

The OEM 19" wheel is definitely not 40lbs. The OEM 20x8.5" wheel for the CX-9, which has a similar design, is 39.55 lbs.

This post suggests that the OEM 19" wheel weighs 31.1 lbs.

Thanks for that, sm1ke! That seems more reasonable. At least I'll be going down 1.5 lbs at each corner. Top of my list right now are 18" Mazda M011 wheels with the XL rated Falken Wildpeak A/T 235/60R18 tires. Snow and bumpy, gravel forest and county roads are the drivers.

Keeping my eye out for a sale on the Falkens.

Back