WeatherTech DigitalFit 2nd/3rd row floorliner fit issue

Hi guys,

I installed "FloorLiner DigitalFit - Part # 441532" (https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)) a couple of days ago but I am not entirely confortable with the fit. As you can see in the first picture, the mat does not tuck well under the rails slide. Also, as shown in second picture, the bottom portion of rear air vents is covered up. Any idea what I might be doing wrong ?

Thanks,
-NA

Attachments

• WeatherTech_ThirdRow_1.jpg
    WeatherTech_ThirdRow_1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 252
  • WeatherTech_SecondRowCloseUp_1.jpg
    WeatherTech_SecondRowCloseUp_1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 245
The part #441532 is compatible with CX-9 according to WeatherTech's web site : http://www.weathertech.com/mazda/2010/cx-9/floorliner-digitalfit/

I did a little bit more research. Look at the second and third picture (4.jpg and 3.jpg) on this post: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...r-Floor-Mats&p=5806884&viewfull=1#post5806884 . The rear vent appears to be covered up by the mat and fit does not seem to be perfect. I will really appreciate if some one who has put these mats on their CX9 to comment.

Thanks
-NA

Last edited:
I have a set of these in my '10. They fit just like yours. I think the bottom of the vent being covered isn't a bad tradeoff for having the lip around the mat. I did not try to tuck the mats under the ends of the seat slide rail, because it's raised to help hold water. I have no youngsters at home now (Hallelujah) however, of the people I have hauled, no one has ever mentioned any comfort issues with them. I will say, they work well in catching water, and muck. (Especially the driver's) The same ding-bats who get in your vehicle with muddy feet, are the same ones who think they have to step on the door jamb to enter the vehicle! I did not get the rear cargo area mat, because I spend too much time with the third row down, hauling things around. I simply keep a thick furniture pad back there to protect the deck.

Thank you all for you comments. I reached out to WeatherTech customer support who told me that:

1. As for the vents, with our design of a raised lip around the liners to trap in the liquid and other debris there unfortunately will be some blockage of the vent.
1. The spaces on either side of each rail are designed to keep the Liner from interfering with the 2nd row seat movement. The spaces on either side of each rail are designed to keep the Liner from interfering with the 2nd row seat movement.

I would like to mention that the customer support person, who was admittedly quite polite, refused to provide help on the phone since I did not directly purchase from them. I had to send a couple of emails to get above answers. I was surprised since being a manufacturer they should provide equivalent level of support to all buyers regardless of where the product was purchased from.

I am not 100% happy with the fit but I can live with it. So far I have not see any problem after installing it couple of weeks ago.

-NA

I just put WeatherTech floor mats in my wifes new CX-9, and I noticed the front fit perfectly, but rear not so much. The rear mat is all one piece, and comes folded up in the box. I used a heat gun on the rear mat to get it to fit perfectly in the car. Be careful where you point the heat gun, but it's a great way to remove some of the bumps from shipping, and custom fit the mat to the car floor.

Back