WARNING, New ole fart with 2019 CX-5 Sig and a TON of Questions!

Those heated seats sure help a tired back on cooler days.

That's for sure, especially up here in the Great White North.
We bought our first car with heated seats in 2006 (Nissan Altima), and we liked them so much that I decided I needed them in my 2002 Pathfinder. It only had the basic manual cloth seats in it.
I went to a wrecking yard and found a Pathfinder with leather heated power seats in it.
I pulled the seats (front and back, so that they'd match), along with the switches.
Fortunately, Nissan prewired the seat harness and switch gear harness, so it was just a matter of switching the seats and plugging everything in.
They've worked ever since. I think I paid something like $200 for everything at the time. It was worth it.

Damn!! At 70+years old I sure wish I have the presence in mind.... not to mention libido to be driving a CX-5. I sure hope my 5 year old daughter does not put me in a boring Camry. I raised her better than that!!

Gotta put that in writing in my will somehow.

Yep, adjusting points with a match book! Those were the days. My CX is black. Wife insisted! Oh and less I forget, Holly double pumper float adjustment. Open weep hole until gas comes out! EPA would go nuts!
welcome to the forum dunk, it's a great group around here so don't worry about asking questions.
Congrats on the purchase!
which color did you get?

dont' worry, these cars are pretty simple to keep running unlike the older cars you probably grew up working on. Don't worry, no carburators here to rebuild every few years. (haha, youngins here probably don't even know what one of those is.)

Last edited:
dont' worry, these cars are pretty simple to keep running unlike the older cars you probably grew up working on. Don't worry, no carburators here to rebuild every few years. (haha, youngins here probably don't even know what one of those is.)
OMG, you're bringing back some great memories.
I played with cars from the age of 14-on.
Rebuilding/setting up carbs. Ignition tune-ups (new plugs every 12,000 miles, plus points, rotor, cap and condensor).
Setting timing with a timing light.
Manually adjusting valve tappets, while it's running.
Change thermostats twice a year (160 for summer and 180-190 for winter).
Drum and shoe brake jobs almost every year.
Lots and lots of other stuff. Stuff you would never dream of doing on your car today.
I still do regular maintenance and stuff on my Pathfinder, but cannot imagine ever doing anything on my new 6, especially when it's still under warranty.
Although it was a lot of fun doing that stuff in my younger days, and I learned a ton about how cars work, cars today are just so much better.
I can't imagine going back to driving my old '65 Chevy as a daily driver. That would be brutal.

Damn!! At 70+years old I sure wish I have the presence in mind.... not to mention libido to be driving a CX-5. I sure hope my 5 year old daughter does not put me in a boring Camry. I raised her better than that!!

70+ with a 5 yr old daughter! Say what !!

Age 72 here. Bought the CX-5 because sitting up straight fits my old body better, but I still require good handling and FUN. I have rebuilt engines, repaired carburetors and distributors on the side of the road. Even restored and showed a SAAB 96. I would never go back. I love the CX-5

The hardest thing for me to get used to was the e-emergency brake. It didn't take long to learn it, but at first I wanted to press down to set it. I was one to use the emergency hand brake while driving once in a while, at different braking pressure. I can't do that anymore.
The other thing was the fan dial. My old car had the speed markings on the part that turned. The CX-5 has the speed markings fixed and the ring goes round it. When I look at it I turned it the wrong way a couple of times. It is still clockwise more air, counter clockwise less air. I got used to it quick enough though.

70+ with a 5 yr old daughter! Say what !!

He must mean granddaughter.

So, neither of you two are understanding CX-5um is referencing the future? (scratch)

I'll chime in as a old man... I'm 55 and still plays with cars, and guns, and as a JARHEAD in Tanks, I like to blow s*** up. Loving my CX5, I came from a '16 Mazda 3 and I;m enjoying the reading on this forum. My brother recently got a CX3 also.

If he's 70+ with a 5 year old daughter, he's probably got the libido, unless he didn't get her the old fashioned way.
But I bet she's 50.

Isn't there a president from like the 1820's (or something) that still has living grandchildren?

Somewhere near the original post was a question about floor mats for the CX-5. Adding to that info:
- confirming that 2019 models will use 2017-2018 floor mats - all shared the same floor
- Med Center Mazda parts is a great place - offering free ship for orders >$100 so floor mats from them are likely to get this benefit
- Opinion: the best CX-5 floor mats are the premium Mazda OEM only offered in Canada. Part #00VP-CX-5FL1-0 (front) and 00VP-CX-5FL2-0 for second row. You can get these from the Scarboro Mazda (Ontario Canada) web site . These are as good or better than WeatherTech, Husky X-act Countor liners and Maxliner. Plus they include the great OEM CX-5 logo on the mats. Price in the US depends on exchange rate. I got a first row set for $140 - free ship and no tax. So, these are also less expensive than WeatherTech and Husky.
- Best deal by far: Maxliner where you can get a complete set first row, second row and cargo liner for $220 plus tax and shipping. The Maxliner is made in USA (go team!) and look equal coverage compared to the other premium choices.
- Next best deal are the Mazda OEM (0000-8B-R21). At Med Center Mazda parts the OEM all weather set for front and second row are about $100.

- Opinion: the best CX-5 floor mats are the premium Mazda OEM only offered in Canada. Part #00VP-CX-5FL1-0 (front) and 00VP-CX-5FL2-0 for second row. You can get these from the Scarboro Mazda (Ontario Canada) web site . These are as good or better than WeatherTech, Husky X-act Countor liners and Maxliner. Plus they include the great OEM CX-5 logo on the mats. Price in the US depends on exchange rate. I got a first row set for $140 - free ship and no tax. So, these are also less expensive than WeatherTech and Husky.

I've probably said this before, but aren't the premium Canadian Mazda mats the same as the U.S. 3D MAXpider Kagu mats, other than the logo? I haven't done a price comparison.

I like the look of the premium Mazda mats (especially front row) but how will standup (and stay clean) compared to all weather mats like OEM or Weathertech etc?

And stay clean? I don't think any mat is going to 'stay cleaner' than any other??!?

Sorry. Bad wording on my part. I was really getting at how easy the premium mats are to keep clean. Obviously a hosing down is all the rubber mats need.

Back