Warm air blowing from the Driver or Passenger side vents

edwin259

:
Mazda, CX-9 Grand Touring, AWD
I have warm air blowing from the Drivers side, or Passengers side vents when the air conditioning is engaged.

Im the proud owner of a 2007 Mazda CX-9 GT (purchased with 34,000 miles)! I subscribed to Mazda247s website when I was facing a high repair bill a while back and no manufacturers warranty.

Anyway, this time around I fired up the AC (air conditioner) and warm air was blowing out of the drivers side vents. My vehicle is equipped with multi-zone HVAC unit which translates to a higher repair bill. I did stop at a dealer after work and talked to the service manager who gave me a few scenarios of the cost I was facing.

I read up on every possible cause for warm air coming out of the Drivers or Passengers side vents and was determined to diagnose and repair my issue. I purchased a snake camera to get to the places the dealer stated they needed to disassemble. Like my dashboard to get into areas to see if the Mix Air Actuators or Air Blend Actuators depending on the post you read.

After ruling out the Actuators I went with the cheaper of the fixes which is to buy an AC Recharging Kit (large can of synthetic Freon R134a with attached gage) at the local Auto Parts store for $45.00. I could see immediately I was below pressure. I charged the unit to the recommended level between 35PSI and 45PSI marked on the charging kit gauge fixing my warm air issue. Now, nothing but freezing cold air blows out of my vents even with the 100,697 miles I racked up.

You might get lucky and save thousands of dollars in diagnostic and repair cost, and the $19.95 plus shipping that I put out for the three meter USB Snake camera.

Good Luck!

I had the exact symptoms and it got fixed by vacuming the freon charge and recharge it again, happy ever since

Hello. The air conditioning is packed and tight. When I change the temperature range from 15 to the maximum temperature, the heater motors are working. They seem to be working. Temperature set to minimum and the rear grille shows 9st on the thermometer after 10 minutes of driving. Passenger airflow 16st and driver airflow 21st. No cold 1 zone. The passenger seat is a bit cold. The rear is working fine.

My problem with the air conditioning is the front evaporator. A lot of work but I did it myself. I hope the air conditioning will work.

Back